Alcatel-Lucent’s Subscriber Data Manager supports Verizon network by centralizing multiple application databases
Paris, March 04, 2014
Verizon Wireless is to deploy Alcatel-Lucent’s (Euronext Paris and NYSE: advanced data management platform throughout its network, helping to support the carrier’s LTE expansion.
The Alcatel-Lucent Subscriber Data Manager (SDM), part of the company’s IMS Subsystem portfolio of technologies designed to enable rich multimedia applications, will help support the expansion of Verizon’s LTE services by centralizing multiple application databases.
The deployment continues the role Alcatel-Lucent plays in the expansion of the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network, for which the company was named a key supplier for the IMS portion when the network was originally launched.
- Verizon Wireless has selected Alcatel-Lucent’s SDM to help manage data traffic as the 4G LTE network continues to grow.
- SDM is part of Alcatel-Lucent’s IMS (Internet Protocol Multimedia Subsystem) portfolio and will help centralize multiple individual databases across Verizon’s 4G LTE and 3G networks.
- Verizon has chosen a comprehensive subscriber data management solution that also includes Alcatel-Lucent’s SDM, Motive Authentication, Authorization and Accounting Server, Centralized Operations Manager, and SDM Expert products as well as the VoLTE feature set.
- Alcatel-Lucent was named as a key IMS supplier for Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network when it was announced in 2009 and has been providing multiple IMS services since that time.
- Working with Verizon Wireless to efficiently and cost effectively support network performance through IMS is aligned with The Shift Plan, the industrial strategy to reposition Alcatel-Lucent as a specialist vendor of IP Networking and Ultra-Broadband Access
Mike Haberman, Vice President-Network Technology, said: “As Verizon Wireless continues to grow, we are focused on operating our network as efficiently as possible. Savings in power consumption, footprint reduction and simplified network operation and maintenance also are critical. Alcatel-Lucent’s SDM supports these goals.”
Steve Marino, Vice President of Alcatel-Lucent’s Verizon Customer Team, said: “Alcatel-Lucent has enjoyed a longstanding relationship that dates back to the inception of Verizon Wireless. We know the network. That Verizon Wireless selected our SDM to help streamline network operations speaks highly of their confidence in our technology, capabilities and experience.”
ABOUT ALCATEL-LUCENT (EURONEXT PARIS AND NYSE: ALU)
We are at the forefront of global communications, providing products and innovations in IP and cloud networking, as well as ultra-broadband fixed and wireless access to service providers and their customers, and to enterprises and institutions throughout the world.
Underpinning us in driving the industrial transformation from voice telephony to high-speed digital delivery of data, video and information is Bell Labs, an integral part of the Group and one of the world’s foremost technology research institutes, responsible for countless breakthroughs that have shaped the networking and communications industry. Our innovations have resulted in our Group being recognized by Thomson Reuters as a Top 100 Global Innovator, as well as being named by MIT Technology Review as amongst 2012’s Top 50 “World’s Most Innovative Companies”. We have also been recognized for innovation in sustainability, being named Industry Group Leader in the Technology Hardware & Equipment sector in the 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices review, for making global communications more sustainable, affordable and accessible, all in pursuit of the Group’s mission to realize the potential of a connected world.
With revenues of Euro 14.4 billion in 2013, Alcatel-Lucent is listed on the Paris and New York stock exchanges (Euronext and NYSE: ALU). The company is incorporated in France and headquartered in Paris.