AT&T Receives Highest Ranking for Second Consecutive Time
Dallas, Texas, February 06, 2014
AT&T* is a leader in wireless customer service. The company ranked highest in customer service for the second time in a row, according to the latest J.D. Power study released today. In the 2014 Wireless Customer Care Full-Service StudySM, Volume 1, AT&T outscored all other full-service wireless providers for the overall customer service experience measured across its online, retail, and call centers.
Once again, AT&T surpasses major carriers by receiving, “Highest Ranked Customer Service Performance Among Full-Service Wireless Providers” honors. Approximately 7,195 U.S. wireless customers participated in the study.
“Customer service is the backbone of every successful business, which is why we make it our No. 1 priority to listen to our customers, respond to their feedback and make changes wherever we can,” said Ralph de la Vega, president and CEO, AT&T Mobility. “Our goal is to provide the best possible wireless experience. Receiving this honor a second consecutive time speaks volumes about our focus on the customer. With our fast, reliable network, superior device selection, and plans that offer an amazing value, this is one more reason for customers to choose AT&T.”
Recent customer service enhancements include:
- myAT&T Mobile App Service – Enhancements to our free mobile app and self-service capabilities with 24/7 support.
- Enhanced Customer Rep Support – More online chat representatives to assist customers at ATT.com.
- Specialized Training and Certification Programs – Ongoing training and certification for best-in- class customer service reps.
- Reduced Wait Times and Transfers – Part of our commitment to answer customers’ questions quickly and on the “first contact.”
- Faster Retail Interactions – Mobile point-of-sale rollouts for quicker and more efficient retail interactions at AT&T company-owned retail stores.
- Experiential Designed Retail Store – New store design creates an interactive environment where consumers can easily find the best solution to fit their mobile lifestyles.
- Online Retail Appointment Tool – New online appointment tool gives customers the option to schedule a visit to the store when most convenient for them.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T received the highest numerical score among full service wireless providers in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Wireless Customer Care Full Service StudySM – Vol. 1. Study based on responses from 7,195 consumers measuring 4 full service wireless providers and measures opinions of consumers who contacted customer care within the past year. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed July-December 2013. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T, news, filings) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and internationally. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s fastest and most reliable 4G LTE network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV service with the AT&T U-verse® brand. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com/aboutus or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/att and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/att.
© 2013 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.
4G LTE speed claim based on national carriers’ average 4G LTE download speeds. Reliability claim based on data transfer completion rates on nationwide 4G LTE networks. 4G LTE availability varies.