Juniper Argon Secure Uses Deception-Based Malware Mitigation to Prevent the Loss of Sensitive Corporate Data Even After Being Compromised
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Feb 25, 2014) - RSA CONFERENCE 2014 - Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced Juniper Argon Secure, an advanced anti-malware service for Juniper Networks® SRX Series Services Gateways to identify malware that traditional solutions cannot detect. Building on Juniper's success using Intrusion Deception to prevent attacks against web applications, Argon Secure applies the technology to both networks and endpoints to detect malware at multiple points in the attack process. This added level of protection is a critical step in building secure High IQ networks.
Traditional security solutions seek to detect malware at the point of initial infection, which is largely ineffective for detecting zero-day attacks. Further complicating the problem, current advanced malware products are limited to either relying on signatures or the Command and Control traffic at the network edge. Once attackers find a way past the enterprise edge, these solutions have limited ability to disrupt advanced attackers.
Argon Secure is designed to address the current gap in security solutions by identifying advanced malware both at, and after, the point of initial infection when it attempts to propagate, find valuable data and exfiltrate that data from the network. By leveraging visibility into endpoints, internal network traffic and the network edge, Argon Secure can detect malware in places where other solutions cannot.
Argon Secure addresses the advanced malware problem by leveraging Juniper's innovative Intrusion Deception approach to detect attacks and prevent data exfiltration. The service uses the firewall features of the SRX Series platform as an enforcement engine to instantly take malware-infected machines off the network before they can steal sensitive information.
Juniper Argon Secure
- Argon Secure for the SRX Series will enable enterprises to identify and mitigate malware inside a network, detecting and removing infected devices before data is lost.
- Like Juniper Networks WebApp Secure for the data center, Argon Secure will leverage Intrusion Deception to identify malware including zero-day threats that try to propagate to additional systems, look for corporate data, or attempt to send data outside the company network.
- The solution will include more than 50 deception techniques embedded in the network infrastructure to force malware to expose itself even after entering a network. For example, malware once installed will start scanning the internal network in search of files that look useful. This action provides an opportunity to detect an attacker in the enterprise by creating a fake network process that emulates network share drives so when malware touches the files, Argon Secure can instantly identify them and push fake files.
- Argon Secure will integrate with Juniper Networks Spotlight Secure to provide threat information in real time to companies, helping to quickly stop new attacks.
- Argon Secure is a service that is available as a subscription for the SRX Series Services Gateways and will be generally available in Q3 2014.
"Companies are losing the fight against advanced malware and zero-day attacks and are desperate for new solutions. Juniper's new Argon Secure service leverages Intrusion Deception to detect malware that evades traditional anti-virus and even advanced malware products and instantly removes the infected devices before they exfiltrate data."
-- David Koretz, corporate vice president products and general manager Counter Security, Security Business Unit, Juniper Networks
- Juniper Networks at RSA
- Deception Force Mobile Game
- Juniper Security on Twitter
- Juniper Networks Security & Mobility Now Blog
About Juniper Networks in Security
Juniper Networks builds secure and trusted networks with end-to-end security across every environment -- from the data center to campus and branch environments and to the device itself. Our security solutions give enterprise and service provider customers a competitive advantage as they set out to build the best networks on the planet.
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) delivers innovation across routing, switching and security. From the network core down to consumer devices, Juniper Networks' innovations in software, silicon and systems transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Statements in this press release concerning Juniper Networks' prospects, future products and prospective benefits to customers are forward-looking statements that involve a number of uncertainties and risks. Actual results or events could differ materially from those anticipated in those forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including delays in scheduled product availability, the company's failure to accurately predict emerging technological trends, and other factors listed in Juniper Networks' most recent report on Form 10-K and 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All statements made in this press release are made only as of the date of this press release. Juniper Networks undertakes no obligation to update the information in this release in the event facts or circumstances subsequently change after the date of this press release, except as required by applicable law. Any future product, feature, enhancement or related specification that may be referenced in this press release are for information purposes only, are subject to change at any time without notice and are not commitments to deliver any future product, feature, enhancement or related specification. The information contained in this press release is intended to outline Juniper Networks' general product direction and should not be relied on in making a purchasing decision.