Barcelona, Spain, February 24, 2014]: Huawei, a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, will attend the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2014 held in Barcelona to deliver its theme – “Mobile Changes the World” – demonstrating Huawei as a leader in both ICT technology innovation and ICT trend formation. At MWC 2014, Huawei will showcase its latest innovative mobile ICT solutions, products, and services that will shape the future of the mobile industry through helping customers build ubiquitous mobile networks, providing excellent user experience and promoting agile innovation. Looking into the future, Huawei is committed to partnering with its customers and industry partners to build a better, fully connected world together.
Huawei’s Theme at MWC 2014: Mobile Changes the World
After two decades of predictable growth patterns and advancing technologies, the ICT industry is now entering a new era of in-depth integration of the digital and physical worlds. Amidst these new and increasing challenges, operators must embark on a digital reconstruction to realize Internetization and digitalization. Mobile Technology will continue to dramatically change the world.
Huawei will provide customers with ICT values through ubiquitous connections, big-data-based intelligence, smart business models, and reconstruction of social life. Huawei will collaborate with customers to explore the possibility of using advanced ICT technologies and solutions to realize full and zero-distance connection between people, businesses and their customers, and between business partners. Huawei’s services and products will empower businesses to win the future in the ICT industry.
Ryan Ding, Executive director of the board and CEO of Carrier Network Business Group at Huawei, said, “At MWC 2014, Huawei will discuss various industry hot topics with you, share our views and showcase our latest solutions, discovering how mobile changes the world. Some of the topics include ultra-mobile broadband construction, experience-centric operations, agile digital business, our future-oriented network evolution strategy SoftCOM, as well as industry regulations and standards.” During MWC, Huawei will participate in discussion of various hot topics through multiple platforms and share our pioneering views and innovative solutions on networks, operation, and business – our vision of a better world with ubiquitous broadband connection in the future.
Huawei Explores Innovative ICT solutions with the Mobile Industry
To realize its vision, “Mobile Changes the World”, Huawei will focus on its core pipe strategy. The strategy is centered on transforming ICT infrastructure and is designed to work openly with industry partners. This digital reconstruction of the traditional industry will enable the ubiquitous mobile networks and seamless user experience required by the information society. At MWC, Huawei will demonstrate a series of innovative ICT solutions designed to industry challenges, including: ultra mobile broadband, experience-centric operations and agile digital business, as well as the SoftCOM strategy.
Ultra Mobile Broadband: Huawei will share its insights into the MBB construction trend and help operators build a ubiquitous, customized, coordinated, and high-efficient ultra-broadband network. The network will feature flexibility, high efficiency, openness, and support MBB valued services to help operators achieve ICT transformation and accelerate business success. Key products include:
- Highly integrated small-sized macro station: Huawei’s leading wireless solution for radio and site evolution, including the ultra-wideband RF solution, Easy Macro solution, and the Blade Site solution.
- Crowd-sourcing Small Cell: Huawei is a leader in end-to-end Small Cell solutions. It will demonstrate full-series indoor/outdoor solutions and product portfolios, including the industry’s first wideband outdoor micro station, multi-band and multi-mode indoor LampSite solution, pico stations, and the enterprise application platform –Service Anchor.
- Core network cloudification: Huawei will showcase the three-layer architecture of network functions virtualization (NFV) and demonstrate how the current core network can be cloudified and virtualized to show the advanced nature and CT applicability of Huawei’s NFV solutions. Huawei will also introduce solutions for full convergence of core networks and shifting of network adapters to lower-layer networks.
- Future 5G stations: Huawei will demonstrate prototype of 5G macro stations and Small Cell and the visionary scenarios of the 5G time that features high bandwidth, limitless connections, and zero delay, signifying the possibility of super-speed connection brought by full-spectrum wireless networks.
- Optimal LTE experience: Huawei will exhibit end-to-end eMBMS video solution, advanced carrier aggregation (CA) of the same standard and multi-stream aggregation (MSA) of different standards, and rich services of VoLTE.
- SDN-based mobile backhaul: Huawei will display the latest innovative solution based on SDN which further simplifies the operation and maintenance (O&M) of mobile backhaul. The innovative router also promotes the smooth evolution of backhaul networks to SDN networks to realize commercial value.
Experience-centric operations: The service industry is one of Huawei’s strategic investment areas. By enabling experience-centric operations, Huawei is committed to helping operators improve return on investment and create enhanced business value.
- Realize customer experience management (CEM) value: Huawei SmartCare CEM solution has been successfully deployed around the globe. Through our innovative solution and dedicated services, we are effectively helping operators enhance brand value and improve customer loyalty with user experience-oriented designs and actionable insights gained from Big Data analysis.
- Evolve managed services: Huawei offers industry-leading managed services to help operators enhance Total Value of Ownership (TVO) and realize best-in-class operational transformation. Our innovative managed services solutions will create synergy of Service Operation Center (SOC) and Network Operation Center (NOC) to evolve operations from network-centric to service-centric. It will also allow for mobile and fixed converged operations, as well as ICT converged operations to address the industry trend of SDN/NFV development.
- Enable efficient network evolution: Huawei’s consulting & system integration services provide efficient network planning, which aims for smooth evolution of the network and services and ultimately to help customers improve the investment effectiveness through the advanced solutions such as accurate LTE planning, HetNet integration, efficient IP network planning, and dynamic refarming.
Agile Digital Business: Huawei conducts strategic investment in digital service convergence, network capability openness, BSS transformation (BES), and IT revolution to help operators develop agile digital business models. By demonstrating how video services optimized revenue structure and how traffic monetization can increase profits and help operators expand into the vertical industry, Huawei will discuss with carrier customers ways to obtain new subscribers and develop new markets.
- Fixed and mobile convergence (FMC) 2.0: Huawei will demonstrate its new FMC2.0 solution which features “fixed”, “mobile” and “content”, helping operators address the convergence of mobile and fixed networks and the demand for content alignment, to realize sustainable revenue growth in the increasingly competitive market space.
- Data center (DC) transformation: Huawei will demonstrate end-to-end DC solutions to help operators transform, including its exclusive DC products (distributed DC solution), service consultancy/integration capability, and innovative cloud ICT service capability.
- Digital operation: Huawei will demonstrate how its BES can help operators realize digital operation in a digital economy. The BES provides on-demand user experience, agile and open process, and opening of some operation capabilities. It employs big data analytics to help carrier explore customer value.
- Digital business transformation: Huawei supports open capabilities of its service delivery platform (SDP) platform, convergence of digital services, value chain management, and new industry expansion to help operators transform business models.
- Traffic monetization: Huawei conducts precise marketing targeting specific customer requirements and joint innovation opportunities with operators to improve traffic value. Huawei also explores new services and business models such as LTE video to boost operators’ traffic volume.
- Video Everywhere: Huawei will demonstrate the carrier-centered ultimate video experience and innovation in business models. Huawei works closely with partners to build a healthy video industry, bringing win-win results for all stakeholders.
- Expand Vertical industry: Huawei’s innovative and agile ICT solutions can help operators implement smooth business transformation and expand markets. Based on vertical industry requirements, Huawei provides operators with enterprise wireless communication solutions, machine-to-machine (M2M) solutions, and cloud computing-based solutions.
Next Changes – SoftCOM: SoftCOM is Huawei’s strategy for software-defined and telecom architecture. It forms the foundation of the development strategy for network architectures in the next decade. SoftCOM takes full advantage of the new ideas and technologies such as cloud computing, software-defined networking (SDN), network functions virtualization (NFV), and Internet-based operations. SoftCOM helps streamline operators’ network and IT resources and reconstruct the telecom industry in terms of architecture, networks, services, and operation, helping operators seize strategic opportunities in the information age and tackle the structural challenges they face.
- NFV strategy: NFV is one of the most important modules of Huawei’s SoftCOM strategy. Based on the concept of NFV, NE nodes under the SoftCOM architecture are classified into a three-level structure that features horizontal convergence and vertical de-coupling. The three levels are basic hardware, open cloud platform, and service software. There are also new design requirements put forward for NFV service targets. Huawei has completed Proof of Concept (POC) and onsite scenario tests for NFV. Huawei will further cooperate with operators to use technological innovations to realize business innovation and to explore the commercial values brought by NFV.
- FusionSphere Cloud OS: The open cloud platform was developed for ICT integration. FusionSphere helps operators smoothly migrate IT and telecom services to a cloud platform so that operators can provide cloud services to enterprises and achieve successful network and business transformation.
End-user devices complete the concept of Huawei’s “cloud, pipe, device” strategy. The efficiency of such devices will continue to be paramount to the end users’ experience. Huawei will unveil its next-generation flagship phablet – the 7-inch 4G MediaPad X1, which, though at its slimmest and lightest, is capable of outstanding battery life and is also equipped with an industry-leading camera. The compact MediaPad X1 is designed to unite the benefits of a smartphone with the popular large screens consumers favor today. This latest innovation from Huawei is designed to bring to consumers the efficiency of an “all in one” device. Huawei will also launch its first wearable device, an accessory of MediaPad X1 – Huawei B1. The B1 is a wristband that incorporates voice calling and big-data tracking capabilities. Huawei will also launch the G6, a colorful and effortlessly accessible 4G LTE smartphone and the world’s fastest mobile hotspot, the Huawei E5786 that supports LTE Cat 6 (with a downstream rate of up to 300 Mbit/s).
At MWC 2014, Ryan Ding, CEO of Huawei Carrier Network Business Group, Sanqi Li, CTO of Huawei Carrier Network Business Group, Chaobin Yang, CMO of Wireless Network Business Unit, and Colin Russell Giles, Executive Vice President of the Marketing and Sales Service Marketing Department will convene to share their views on topics such as: “The role of government and industry in delivering affordable mobile broadband”, “Building the Future Networks”, “Creating the Next Access Networks”, and “Building the 50-Billionth Connected Device”.
MWC 2014 will be held in Barcelona from February 24 to 27. Huawei will showcase its latest products and solutions at Fira Gran Via Hall 1 and Hall 3. For more information, please visit http://www.huawei.com/mwc2014/.