Showcasing the latest ICT product and solution portfolio at Mobile World Congress 2014
[Barcelona, Spain, February 24, 2014]: Huawei, a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, today showcased its customer-centric enterprise ICT innovations under the theme, "Mobile Changes the World" at Mobile World Congress 2014 (MWC 2014). With a particular focus on agility and mobility, Huawei Enterprise shared its perspectives on the flexible business models and best practices required to enhance operational efficiency, convenience and business intelligence for enterprises and vertical industries, including carriers.
Customers and industry experts convened at the Huawei keynote and open speeches, customer discussions, and onsite demonstrations to discuss the latest trends in network access, services and business models that will affect all industries including education, healthcare, energy, and transportation. "Mobile internet and cloud computing have brought about a huge transformational change to all industries. Huawei has always been supporting the transformation of carriers from pipe-only operation to information service operation through our integration with the industry ecosystem," said Leif Zheng, President of IT Product Line, Huawei. "In the enterprise domain, Huawei adopts a strategy of "cloud-pipe-device", providing customers with value-added enterprise products, solutions and applications, through our experience in carrier resale projects and R&D in over 170 countries."
Agile ICT solutions help carriers explore government and enterprise markets
With the development of mobile internet and IT service industry, carriers have been trying to enter the enterprise market. With over 20 years of in-depth experience in enterprise ICT and carrier development as well as strong R&D capabilities in the global carrier market, Huawei leverages an array of new technologies, including cloud computing, software-defined networking (SDN) and big data, to offer network infrastructure connections (including wireless connections), enterprise communication services, enterprise IT services, system integration services and professional services, to support carrier business transformation.
To empower carriers with a competitive edge, Huawei is launching a number of new products and solutions in the following domains:
1. Customized intelligent solutions for vertical industries: Huawei’s customized ICT solutions helps vertical industries, including government, public sector, finance, transportation, and energy, become smarter by offering wireless communication and collaboration, IoT, and cloud computing solutions for carriers and other enterprises.
- Long Term Evolution (LTE) broadband trunking solution: The world's first LTE solution that can be customized for the rail, aviation, and petroleum refining industries, and emergency command centers and oilfields. This solution enables multimedia dispatch and can be adapted to harsh environments, helping carriers explore wireless broadband opportunities in vertical industries. The broadband trunking solution has been deployed by customers around the world, including the deployment at Heathrow Airport in collaboration with a local operator in the United Kingdom.
- High-definition (HD) low-bandwidth video-conferencing solution: An industry-leading solution tailored for governments and the public sector. When applied in the public healthcare and education domains, this solution can help enable remote healthcare and education service, providing people with equal access to the basic medical and education services. A key product showcased at MWC 2014 is TE30, which features quick deployment and flexibility.
- Transportation and energy solutions: Huawei’s smart grid (advanced metering infrastructure and transformer substation), smart building (energy efficiency solution), and smart traffic (Internet of Vehicles) solutions leverage on the industry's first highly integrated IoT gateway to establish core competitiveness in the communications and system platforms. When adopted by carriers, these solutions enable connection between a great number of IoT terminals and telecommunication network infrastructure, enabling operational efficiency and reducing costs at the same time.
2. Integrated ICT services and enterprise network communications for multinationals: Huawei’s wide array of ICT services enables carriers to explore the large enterprise market with value-added network-critical services. For instance, Huawei’s agile network features SDN technology to renovate business models, deploy simple branch networks, on-demand resource sharing and service mobility to enhance work efficiency. It also leverages on cloud computing technology to construct intelligent and agile data centers for carriers and large enterprises.
3. One-stop ICT solutions to refine business operations for Small and medium enterprises (SMEs): To enable SMEs to benefit from opportunities brought about by small investments, Huawei offers a number of SME-centric one-stop ICT solutions, to help drive service innovation and achieve business growth. Huawei helps carriers break through the SME market with:
- Cloud-based service and easy access: Huawei helps carriers maximize their existing network and communication capabilities to develop holistic cloud-based service solutions. To enable ease of access to the solutions, SMEs can rent software and hardware services on-demand and at low costs.
- Local service and remote operation and maintenance: Huawei offers one-stop network information solutions consisting of AR G3 multi-functional routers and MicroDC micro data centers. The solutions support one-stop ICT delivery and deployment as well as remote device management, applying to various office requirements and helping to reduce total cost of ownership (TCO) by at least 50%.
MWC 2014 will be held in Barcelona from February 24 to 27. Huawei will showcase its latest products and solutions at Fira Gran Via Hall 1 and Hall 3. For more information, please visit http://www.huawei.com/mwc2014/.