Cisco to Showcase Expanded Virtualization Technology Portfolio for Service Providers
SAN JOSE, Calif., – Feb. 20, 2014 – At Mobile World Congress 2014 in Barcelona, Spain, Cisco is demonstrating through several activities and events the company’s vision on how to unleash the full benefits and possibilities of mobility in the Internet of Everything.
With the industry’s most open, comprehensive and flexible approach to software-defined networking (SDN) and network function virtualization (NfV), Cisco earlier this week announced the expansion of its virtualization offerings for service providers with the introduction of the Cisco® Evolved Services Platform (ESP), a key element of the company’s Cisco Open Network Environment (ONE) strategy, which works in conjunction with the infrastructure layer of the architecture. Cisco will be demonstrating how these capabilities can increase revenue, decrease operations costs and enhance agility via use cases that span a service provider’s architecture and business.
Cisco Chairman and Chief Executive Officer John Chambers will deliver a keynote address on the topic of “The Battle for the Multiscreen Home” at 11:15 a.m. CET on Wednesday, Feb. 26, in the Conference Village in the Fira Gran Via. His address will be part of the Mobile World Congress Live Keynotes, where CEOs and visionaries from around the world will present their visions for mobile technology.
Visit Cisco at the Fira Gran Via
Cisco will host a range of demonstrations at stand #3E30 in Hall 3 Hybrid Hall of the Fira Gran Via, demonstrating how Cisco and service providers together are transforming user experiences with small cells, capturing new markets with elastic virtual and physical mobile Internet networks, and monetizing and optimizing applications with experience-aware networks.
Demonstrations for service providers include:
Transform User Experiences with Heterogeneous Access
- Demonstrates optimized network selection and performance, monetized contextual engagement, and consistent service delivery across Small Cells, Wi-Fi, 3G, and 4G/LTE networks.
Capture New Markets with Elastic Mobile Networks
- Demonstrates service provider orchestrating and managing dynamic network functions virtualization (NfV) resources with right-sized economics for new markets.
Monetize and Optimize with Experience-Aware Networks
- Demonstrates “Data-in-Motion now with self-optimizing network (SON)” use cases.
Demonstrations for the general public comprise:
The Cisco Service Provider Wi-Fi with Hotspot 2.0 “Live at the Fira”
Demonstrates the Fira Gran Via’s live Hotspot 2.0 Next-Generation Network enabled by AT&T, Cisco, Accuris Networks and 10 mobile operators from around the world.
The Cisco Open Network Environment (ONE) Service Provider Architecture
Discuss and illustrate Cisco ONE Service Provider architecture, enhanced by the Cisco® Evolved Programmable Network (EPN) and Cisco Evolved Services Platform (ESP) announced earlier this week, extending software-defined networking (SDN) and NfV technologies with innovations that bring service providers’ networks to new levels of programmability and flexibility.
Cisco will also host Standalone Solutions Demos in five separate “pods” that show Cisco solutions in action. Those areas include:
- Cisco Small Cells
- Cisco Quantum™ Self-Optimizing Network (SON)
- Cisco Quantum Policy Suite
- Cisco Quantum Wide-Area Network (WAN) Orchestration
- Cisco Quantum Virtualized Packet Core (QvPC)
Additional Cisco Speakers at MWC 2014
- Kelly Ahuja, senior vice president and general manager, service provider business mobility group, Cisco, “The Evolution of Wi-Fi Networks and Business Models,” Carrier Wi-Fi Summit, Thursday, Feb. 27, 11:45 a.m. (CET), Fira Gran Via, Hall 8.0 Theatre District, Theatre B.
- Mark Grayson, distinguished consulting engineer, Cisco, “Small Cell Forum,” Monday, Feb. 24, 11:45 a.m. (CET), and Tuesday, Feb. 25, 3:30 p.m. (CET), Fira Gran Via, Barcelona, Hall 7, Stand 7F61.
- Doug Webster, vice president, service provider global marketing, Cisco, “mPowered Industries Keynote,” Monday, Feb. 24, 2:00 p.m. (CET), mPI at Fira Montjuïc, Hall M5.
- Kelly Ahuja, senior vice president and general manager, service provider mobility business group, Cisco
“Mobility has become a necessary characteristic of almost every network experience and will be even more so with the emergence of the Internet of Everything, which will bring together people, processes, data and things. In the more than 1,000 customer meetings we expect over four days at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this year, we look forward to showcasing the possibilities the Internet of Everything brings to the end users and enterprises, the opportunities it brings to operators’ businesses, and the enabling capabilities from Cisco to help service providers thrive in pursuit of them.”
Editor’s/blogger’s note: Contact Kevin Petschow or Amy Lucas to schedule your meeting Feb. 24-27 with a Cisco executive.
- Blog Series: Cisco at MWC 2014 at Cisco SP360 Blog: http://blogs.cisco.com/sp
- Follow Cisco at MWC 2014 news and activities on Twitter @CiscoSPMobility and use hashtag #CiscoMWC
- Follow us on our LinkedIn page for targeted updates and announcements
- Please keep up-to-date with white papers, presentations and infographics at: Cisco Service Provider SlideShare presentations
- Visit us at: Cisco Service Provider Mobility Community
- Subscribe to Cisco's SP360 feed
Cisco, Cisco ESP, Cisco EPN, Cisco ONE, mobility, service providers, IP, NfV, virtualization, small cells, Wi-Fi, 4G, LTE, SON, John Chambers, Kelly Ahuja, Doug Webster, Mark Grayson
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
Investor Relations Contacts
- John ChoiCisco Systems, Inc.+1 408 526 email@example.com
Industry Analyst Relations
- Carter CromwellCisco Systems, Inc.408 firstname.lastname@example.org