Steve Alexander, senior VP and CTO, to participate in ‘Building the Future Network’ panel
HANOVER, Md. and BARCELONA, Spain — 02/10/2014
Ciena® Corporation (NASDAQ:CIEN, news, filings), the network specialist, will be exhibiting at Mobile World Congress 2014 (MWC) from 24-27 February at the Fira Gran Via in Barcelona, Spain (Hall 2, stand C 101). Ciena will showcase the broad range of capabilities of its converged packet optical and packet networking solutions designed to transform today’s networks. With its OPn network architecture Ciena will highlight how operators can benefit from more intelligent and programmable networks that respond dynamically to not only accommodate exponential bandwidth growth but also meet increasing demands for new services and applications.
Ciena representatives will share new enhancements to its network monetization suite of services and customer engagement programs that help operators differentiate and accelerate revenue growth. For example, Ciena’s new RevUp program is helping service providers to define, price and launch new on-demand and wholesales services. RevUp helps drive new service introduction, from idea to launch to revenue generation.
During MWC, Ciena’s FutureLab will be housed on-site and feature a range of Ciena solutions to highlight what is possible when increases in bandwidth are combined with the intelligence and programmability of OPn network architectures.
Demonstrations will include:
- Enterprise On-Demand networking and cloud service delivery via Software Defined Networking (SDN) – Ciena will demonstrate how the storage, compute and connect environments can work seamlessly together to enable true, on-demand enterprise and datacenter services.
- On-boarding new Ethernet services customers – Ciena will highlight a differentiated customer experience via fast service delivery, performance guarantees and simple service performance reporting.
- WAN Data Security via network encryption – Security remains a key enterprise concern when migrating IT applications to the cloud. Ciena will show how to eliminate WAN security concerns via high-performance, real-time encryption of in-flight WAN data.
- High Definition (HD) video service delivery – HD video (and upcoming 4k video) has become ubiquitous, but compression at the source is expensive and compromises video quality. Ciena will showcase its high-definition uncompressed video transport and multi-site distribution across a ring based fiber infrastructure.
- Network Transformation and Modernization – Ciena will give an example of the business case creation and network tools needed to transform today’s legacy networks, bringing less power consumption, smaller space requirements, and exponential scale in packet optical networking.
- Monday, February 24 at 16:00 CET in Hall 4, Auditorium 5, Gran Via: Steve Alexander, senior vice president and CTO at Ciena, will participate in the panel: ‘Building the Future Network - Making the future networks happen piece by piece – the vendors’ perspective.’
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is the network specialist. We collaborate with customers worldwide to unlock the strategic potential of their networks and fundamentally change the way they perform and compete. Ciena leverages its deep expertise in packet and optical networking and distributed software automation to deliver solutions in alignment with its OPn architecture for next-generation networks. We enable a high-scale, programmable infrastructure that can be controlled and adapted by network-level applications, and provide open interfaces to coordinate computing, storage and network resources in a unified, virtualized environment. For updates on Ciena news, follow us on Twitter @Ciena or on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/company/ciena. Investors are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website at www.ciena.com/investors, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use.
Note to Investors
Forward-looking statements. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements based on current expectations, forecasts and assumptions that involve risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof; and Ciena's actual results could differ materially from those stated or implied, due to risks and uncertainties associated with its business, which include the risk factors disclosed in its Report on Form 10-K, which Ciena filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on December 20, 2013. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding Ciena's expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies regarding the future and can be identified by forward-looking words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
(877) 857 -7377
(877) 243 6273
+44 207 012 5869