AT&T Scores Highest Ranking for Second Consecutive Time
Dallas, Texas, February 20, 2014
AT&T* outscored all other full-service wireless providers in the J.D. Power 2014 Full Service Wireless Purchase Experience StudySM, Volume 1. This marks the second consecutive time AT&T ranked highest in the study. The J.D. Power Wireless Purchase Satisfaction Study evaluates the overall customer experience in stores, online and by phone.
There are plenty of options today when it comes to choosing a wireless provider, so offering customers a top-notch experience with every interaction is critical. AT&T recognizes the importance of providing customers with knowledgeable, friendly salespeople in a welcoming environment. This ranking demonstrates our ongoing commitment to delivering an exceptional customer experience—one interaction at a time.
This award follows the recent announcement that AT&T received “Highest Ranked Customer Service Performance Among Full-Service Wireless Providers” in the J.D. Power 2014 Wireless Customer Care Full-Service Study, Volume 1. The study ranked carriers on overall customer service experience measured across online, retail and call centers. It was the second time in a row AT&T ranked highest in the J.D. Power Wireless Customer Care Full-Service Study.
“The customer experience is our top priority at AT&T. Being recognized a second time in both the Customer Service and Purchase Experience by J.D. Power reinforces that our focus on the customer is making a difference,” said Ralph de la Vega, president and CEO, AT&T Mobility. “Our employees are passionate about helping customers find the right solution -- that’s what moves the needle. A great customer experience starts with fast and friendly service, and when we combine it with the most reliable network, a superior device selection, and great value in wireless plans —we are bringing people the best total package in the industry.”
Some of the key elements that have made the AT&T purchase experience best-in-class:
- Streamlined Online Navigation and Shopping – An enhanced online browsing and shopping experience allows customers to more easily access information, shop, and check-out on att.com or from the myAT&T app on their mobile devices.
- Improved Service from “Friendly Experts” – We have changed our hiring, training, and measurement processes for retail and customer service employees to ensure they consistently serve our customers as friendly experts.
- Employee Training – In 2013, our retail and customer service employees spent more than 5 million hours in training to learn how they could better serve customers. We’ve rolled out mobile-based training curriculum for our front line reps for greater convenience and access.
- Interactive Store Design – A new, cutting-edge store design, in-store technology and lifestyle merchandising approach creates a warm and inviting shopping environment that encourages exploration. Removed traditional cash-register counters and replaced with Learning Tables to enable side-by-side interactions between customer and store representative.
- Faster Retail Interactions – Our mobile point-of-sales system and tablet-equipped retail reps enable quicker in-store interactions. Apps and tools help our retail employees provide customized product and service recommendations at one touch.
- Simplified Plans Add Value –Mobile Share Value ‘no annual service contract’ plans offer a better deal for customers and small businesses with multiple lines.
* AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T received the highest numerical score among full service wireless providers in the proprietary J.D. Power 2013 (Vol. 2) and 2014 (Vol. 1) Wireless Customer Care Full Service and Full Service Wireless Purchase Experience StudiesSM. Study based on 7,195 (Customer Care) and 8,525 (Purchase Experience) consumer responses measuring 4 full service wireless providers and measures opinions of consumers who purchased a wireless product or service within last 6 months. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed July-December 2013. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T, news, filings) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and internationally. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s most reliable 4G LTE network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV service with the AT&T U-verse® brand. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com/aboutus or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/att and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/att.
© 2014 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.