Verizon Enterprise Solutions began deploying innovative cloud, security, M2M (machine-to-machine) and other business technology solutions for a variety of new clients around the globe in the fourth-quarter of 2013. The organization also made significant news with new innovations, solutions and advances in technology during the quarter. Highlights include:
- Autonet Mobile is leading provider of proven Automotive Grade Technology, complete with Telematics Hardware and Software and App Platform. The complete Autonet solution provides the ability to manage connectivity and mobile apps on mobile devices that improve customer satisfaction. Autonet selected Verizon Enterprise Solutions as a wireless M2M partner based on Verizon's ability to provide extended network coverage via its telematics service and assisted GPS location-based services.
- When FrieslandCampina, one of the world's leading dairy cooperatives, needed a new user-authentication solution, Verizon had the answer. Verizon's Universal Identity Services now give FrieslandCampina's global workforce flexible, secure access to business-critical applications and information from wherever they are in the world, helping to keep workers productive.
- When Hyundai Motor America, a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co. of Korea, needed best-in class wireless connectivity for Hyundai's next generation telematics services, it selected Verizon Enterprise Solutions to provide a range of connected services including safety, security, diagnostics and infotainment to Hyundai vehicles.
- Verizon is migrating Tesco to a single global network infrastructure, which will underpin Tesco's ongoing application and infrastructure centralization program, and provide secure connectivity to link Tesco's suppliers, partners, customers and colleagues in 12 countries around the globe. The new network infrastructure also offers a solid foundation from which Tesco can deliver key business applications consistently to all stakeholders which will enable Tesco to roll out new technologies and services more quickly and effectively, while also achieving significant cost efficiencies.
- THECALLR, which specializes in cloud-based voice marketing services targeted at companies that use voice services as a channel to market including those in the banking, retail and debt recovery sectors, chose Verizon's enterprise cloud to support the company's aggressive growth strategy. Verizon's cloud solution offers the security, flexibility and scalability THECALLR needs to expand its business around the globe.
- To create a consistent and reliable experience for its customers during the holiday season, a major online retailer required a reliable way to scale to meet online holiday demand when its traffic spikes – often reaching levels of three to five times of normal off-peak months. By deploying Verizon IP Inbound services in conjunction with Private IP Dynamic Port, the client had near real-time scalability options so that it could adjust bandwidth as needed while reducing costs by shaping its infrastructure requirements to its current needs.
- A world-renowned research center and healthcare facility specializing in eye, ear, nose and throat disorders has geographically disperse contact centers and needed a way to decrease the number of missed patient appointments. Over 20 percent of appointments were failed appointments where the patient did not arrive at all, costing the client millions of dollars in lost revenue every year. The client selected Verizon's cloud based solution with Virtual Contact Center (VCC) and IP Contact Center (IP CC) due to the ability to have a single view of all contact center activity, ease of use, level of integration among the modules and feature richness. Plus, the solution could be deployed quickly so that its operational efficiency could be enhanced nearly immediately.
- One of the world's largest providers of actuarial and related products needed to consolidate locations and reduce its reliance on other suppliers. The client chose Verizon Enterprise Solutions' secure Private IP platform, Managed Services and customer premise equipment as its core infrastructure to help streamline its operations and operate with greater efficiency.
- Verizon announced Verizon Cloud – its new cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) platform and cloud-based object storage service. With this service, large enterprises, mid-size companies and small development shops will get the agility and economic benefit of a generic public cloud along with the reliability and scale of an enterprise-level service with unprecedented control of performance.
- Addressing issues faced by the U.S. healthcare system, Verizon Enterprise Solutions launched Converged Health Management, a remote patient-monitoring medical platform designed to help clinicians and patients manage patients' health in between doctor visits.
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions expanded the availability of its next-generation, cloud-based identity platform – Verizon Universal Identity Services – to Europe. The platform, previously available only in the U.S., also boasts new user-friendly features, including an updated mobile app, Quick Response code-enabled access, and a simplified end-user interface, making identities easy to manage and use.
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions launched Managed Certificate Services, a next-generation, cloud-based platform specifically designed to authenticate objects and machines -- verifying object and machine "identities" -- and securing data transmitted between these connections.
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions expanded its asset- tracking capabilities with the introduction of Verizon Networkfleet Asset Guard. Designed to fit seamlessly on Verizon's existing Networkfleet vehicle tracking solution, Networkfleet Asset Guard runs on the Verizon Wireless network for fixed and moveable fleets such as trailers, yellow iron machines and generators.
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions added Point-to-Point Encryption (P2PE) certification to its extensive list of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards qualifications. Verizon is now approved as a Qualified Security Assessor for Point-to-Point Encryption, and also a Payment Application Qualified Security Assessor for Point-to-Point Encryption.