40 new LTE markets spike total coverage to 340 markets
New 4G LTE cities include Jackson, Miss.; Milwaukee; Providence, R.I.; and Salt Lake City
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), January 27, 2014 - Sprint (NYSE:S, news, filings) stepped up its 4G LTE rollout, announcing today the availability of LTE service in 40 more markets nationwide – for a total of 340 markets spanning the country.
“We are making great strides towards achieving nationwide scale with 4G LTE. The momentum we have demonstrates our commitment to provide an exceptional wireless experience for our customers,” said Bob Azzi, chief network officer. “Today we are well underway with our build-out and delivering faster data speeds to our customers in more places where they live, work and play.”
Including the new cities in today’s announcement, Sprint 4G LTE is now available in 340 markets. Today’s additions include:
- Anderson, S.C.
- Camden, N.J.
- Cape Girardeau-Jackson, Mo.-Ill.
- Carson City, Nev.
- Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Concord, N.H.
- Eugene-Springfield, Ore.
- Evansville, Ind.-Ky.
- Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers, Ark.
- Georgetown, S.C.
- Glasgow, Ky.
- Greenville, Ohio
- Hilton Head Island-Beaufort, S.C.
- Hudson, N.Y.
- Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Jackson, Miss.
- Laconia, N.H.
- Marion, Ohio
- McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, Texas
- Midland, Mich.
- Milwaukee-Waukesha-West Allis, Wis. Mobile, Ala.
- Monroe, La.
- New Castle, Pa.
- New Philadelphia-Dover, Ohio
- Olean, N.Y.
- Olympia, Wash.
- Owensboro, Ky.
- Owosso, Mich.
- Paducah, Ky.-Ill.
- Parkersburg-Marietta-Vienna, W.V.-Ohio
- Point Pleasant, W.V.-Ohio
- Providence, R.I.
- Reno-Sparks, Nev.
- Rockingham County-Strafford County, N.H.
- Salt Lake City
- Spartanburg, S.C.
- Springfield, Ohio
- Tacoma, Wash.
- Yuma, Ariz.
An Enhanced Wireless Experience
Over the past few years, Sprint has been working on a complete upgrade of its network to meet the growing demand by customers for mobile data, especially video. In fact, more than six billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube, 50 percent more than last year1. To keep up with the demand, Sprint is building an all-new network to handle the heavy data loads. The new network includes:
- 3G network enhancements – Improves coverage, network reliability and voice quality
- 4G LTE – Increases data speeds
- High Definition (HD) Voice – A next-generation technology for mobile phones where background noise is virtually eliminated and sound quality is dramatically enhanced.2
- Sprint Spark™ – Delivers peak data speeds of 60Mbps. Sprint Spark, which is expected to be available in about 100 of America’s largest cities in the next three years, enables customers with capable devices to take full advantage of today’s mobile technology advances, such as online gaming, virtual reality, advanced cloud services and other high-bandwidth applications.
For more information about Sprint’s Network Vision rollout, visit www.sprint.com/network.
Sprint offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint served more than 54 million customers at the end of the third quarter of 2013 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. The American Customer Satisfaction Index rated Sprint as the most improved company in customer satisfaction, across all 47 industries, during the last five years. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
1 YouTube Statistics http://www.youtube.com/yt/press/statistics.html
2 HD Voice capability requires call between two Sprint HD Voice-capable devices on upgraded areas of the Sprint network.
Sprint Heather Wong, 949-748-3416 email@example.com