As a Network Engineer, you are responsible for planning, design, construction, documentation, operation, maintenance, and management of all equipment related to the delivery of voice and data services. Specific responsibilities include:
- Network architecture and design including network security, bandwidth availability and utilization.
- Analysis of current architecture providing improvements to the design by correcting network deficiencies.
- Design implementation including procurement, documentation, configuration, and coordination of installation with technical staff.
- New product testing, quality assurance, hardware testing, documentation, and the development of technical training programs.
- Training of NOC Technicians in monitoring, troubleshooting, and operation of network hardware.
- Outage resolution and root cause analysis for large outages.
- Completing projects and working with a high degree of responsibility and autonomy.
- Perform other duties as required to ensure the operation of the network is efficient and reliable.
- B.S. degree in Engineering or 5 years of experience in a similar role is required.
If you think you are a great fit for this position, you may send your resume to email@example.com or:
Human Resources Department
FirstLight Fiber 41 State St, 10th Floor Albany, NY 12207
FirstLight Fiber is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with state and federal laws, FirstLight’s equal opportunity policy is that all applicants and employees are treated equally by the company with respect to employment opportunities, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or veteran disability.