Hong Kong’s Creative Digital Community to Deploy Contrail Virtual Network Overlay Solution to Automate and Orchestrate Its Cloud Network
SUNNYVALE, CA–(Marketwired – Dec 30, 2013) – Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that Cyberport will deploy Juniper Networks® Contrail as the virtual network solution for its Cyberport Community Cloud. The new offering from Cyberport is designed to give ICT (information and communications technology) start-ups hands-on experience with a state-of-the-art cloud environment and serve as a gateway to public cloud services.
To grow top line revenue and control cost, Cyberport was looking to migrate from traditional data center architecture to a more flexible and agile cloud infrastructure. They have been testing and piloting a cloud computing environment, based on the OpenStack cloud orchestration system for its community start-up companies since 2010 and was one of Juniper’s global customers to be involved in Juniper Networks Contrail solution trials.
With a vision to establish itself as a leading ICT hub in the Asia-Pacific region, Cyberport contributes to the growth of the Hong Kong digital economy by nurturing industry start-ups and entrepreneurs, leading collaboration to pool resources and create business opportunities, and accelerating ICT adoption through strategic initiatives and partnerships.
- Over 30 cloud-based applications developed by the start-up community have been tested on Cyberport’s pilot cloud platform as part of a highly-successful Contrail proof-of-concept trial.
- Juniper Networks Contrail will enable Cyberport to offer network-as-a-service within its community cloud. The introduction of a self-service portal enables Cyberport customers to subscribe and self-provision compute, storage, network assets and enjoy bandwidth on-demand.
- Juniper Networks Contrail is expected to provide Cyberport a simple way to connect physical networks with a virtual environment and provision underlying services, thus reducing the time, cost and risk for the users when configuring the network.
- With Contrail, Cyberport will be able to create new services and monetization opportunities through increased automation and higher utilization of existing infrastructure without adding headcount to the team.
- Cyberport will deploy a Juniper Networks MX80 3D Universal Edge Router for network bandwidth and IP provisioning. Cyberport will also leverage Contrail’s open standard protocols to orchestrate on-the-fly configuration changes across its data center switching and routing infrastructure to establish virtual networks that dynamically support operations in the community cloud.
- Juniper Networks’ Contrail will also enable Cyberport to support the federation of its community cloud with public cloud environments, increasing the speed of business and service innovation for its start-up customers by making the network more dynamic, flexible and automated.
- The combination of Contrail and MX Universal SDN Gateway platform will not only provide a scalable and production ready solution for Cyberport, by leveraging a standards-based architecture that integrates with a wide variety of hypervisors, physical networks and cloud orchestration platform such as OpenStack — Juniper Networks Contrail will also eliminate the risk of Cyberport becoming subject to vendor lock-in.
“Cyberport is among the first of many customers turning to Juniper Networks Contrail to help unleash the full potential of cloud computing to drive agility, fuel innovation and reduce costs. Together with our broad partner ecosystem, we are providing Cyberport and other customers with a production-ready solution that meets their business needs and eliminates the barriers that have stifled network innovation in the past.”
– Aruna Ravichandran, vice president of product and solutions marketing, Juniper Networks
- Juniper Networks Contrail homepage: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/sdn/contrail/
- Juniper Networks SDN homepage: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/dm/sdn/
- More information on OpenContrail: http://opencontrail.org/
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) delivers innovation across routing, switching and security. From the network core down to consumer devices, Juniper Networks’ innovations in software, silicon and systems transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Statements in this press release concerning Juniper Networks’ prospects, future products and prospective benefits to customers are forward-looking statements that involve a number of uncertainties and risks. Actual results or events could differ materially from those anticipated in those forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including delays in scheduled product availability, the company’s failure to accurately predict emerging technological trends, and other factors listed in Juniper Networks’ most recent reports on Form 10-K and 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All statements made in this press release are made only as of the date of this press release. Juniper Networks undertakes no obligation to update the information in this release in the event facts or circumstances subsequently change after the date of this press release. Any future product, feature, enhancement or related specification that may be referenced in this press release are for information purposes only, are subject to change at any time without notice and are not commitments to deliver any future product, feature, enhancement or related specification. The information contained in this press release is intended to outline Juniper Networks’ general product direction and should not be relied on in making a purchasing decision.
PR Archives: Latest, By Company, By Date