Ability to Deliver a Consistent User Experience Across the Globe is a Key Challenge
TEMPE, Ariz., Nov. 20, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Limelight Networks (NASDAQ:LLNW, news, filings), a leader in digital presence management, today announced the results of a global survey that provides insight into the greatest operational challenges and business impact of content delivery performance. Based on responses from over 230 Limelight OrchestrateTM (“Orchestrate”) Platform customers, the survey shows that sixty-two percent of companies view high performance delivery of content as one of their highest priorities for businesses today.
Conducted in the fall of 2013 by TechValidate, an independent research organization, the survey explored the primary reasons for addressing web performance challenges, the importance of web performance, and the most significant operational challenges to delivering effective web performance.
Below are the key findings from the survey.
— Top Challenges (Source: TechValidate. TVID: 4D6-660-824)
- Thirty-nine percent of respondents cited the inability to deliver a consistent user experience across the globe as a top operational challenge.
- Thirty-seven percent cited slow application load times.
- Thirty-four percent cited buffering of video content.
— Solving Operational Issues
- When asked the most difficult challenge to solve when a company has an operational issue with web performance, thirty-five percent cited analyzing root cause, while twenty-five percent said detecting where an issue first manifests itself was their top issue. (Source: TechValidate. TVID: 878-FF8-13D)
— Unplanned Traffic Spikes
- Forty-six percent of respondents said that they experience unplanned network or web traffic spikes at least twice a year. Half of those companies expect this to happen many times a year. (Source: TechValidate. TVID: 532-D9A-120)
— Solution Criteria
- Eighty-four percent cited reliability as the most important criteria for web performance solutions, while sixty-one percent said that speed is the most important criteria. (Source: TechValidate. TVID: 926-2DE-894)
— Forty-eight percent of respondents stated that their primary reason for addressing the web performance challenge is to retain and grow the customer base, while twenty-five percent cited increasing visitor engagement with content as the primary driver. (Source: TechValidate. TVID: 243-3C9-512)
— Fifty-eight percent of customers said that maintaining high levels of audience engagement with support for video and rich media is a top business need for high performance websites. (Source: TechValidate. TVID: FD6-9D5-81F)
Impact of Mobile
— When asked about the importance of mobile device access to websites and web applications, seventy-four percent described it as either extremely or very significant, because much of their content is directed to mobile users. (Source: TechValidate. TVID: 32F-B4E-943)
— Fifty-two percent of respondents said that consistent access to websites from any end user device was a key requirement for effective web performance. (Source: TechValidate. TVID: FD6-9D5-81F)
“The results of this survey illustrate why we focused on web performance and acceleration in the most recent update to our Limelight Orchestrate suite,” said Kirby Wadsworth, chief marketing officer, Limelight Networks. “It’s clear that effectively engaging digital audiences through consistent high performance digital experiences across channels, devices, and geographies is top of mind, and a key reason these customers chose the Orchestrate platform to address challenges presented by increased and erratic content consumption, and the need to support an ever-expanding ecosystem of mobile devices.”
Limelight Networks (NASDAQ:LLNW), a global leader in Digital Presence Management and Delivery, empowers customers to better engage digital audiences by enabling them to create, manage and deliver digital content on any device, anywhere in the world. The company’s award winning Limelight Orchestrate™ platform includes an integrated suite of content delivery technology and services that helps organizations deliver exceptional multi-screen experiences, improve brand awareness, drive revenue and enhance customer relationships — all while reducing costs. For more information, please visit www.limelight.com, read our blog and be sure to follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/llnw.
TechValidate is a trusted third-party research organization that directly interfaces with business and technology end users to collect and validate information about their deployments. More information is available at www.techvalidate.com.
CONTACT: For press inquiries contact: Ted Weismann famaPR on behalf of Limelight Networks 617-986-5009 firstname.lastname@example.org