Next-generation AgileCLOUD delivers hybrid, high-performance, massively scalable IaaS platform built on OpenStack
ATLANTA– November 21, 2013 ─ Internap Network Services Corporation (NASDAQ:INAP, news, filings), a provider of high-performance cloud and hosting services, today announced the beta availability of the next generation of its public cloud, AgileCLOUD. It is the first cloud platform that will fully expose both virtualized and bare-metal compute instances over a native OpenStack API and delivers significant performance, interoperability and flexibility benefits.
“AgileCLOUD is now 100% OpenStack ‘under the hood,’ which provides an open, interoperable framework that helps us deliver a dramatically more scalable platform,” said Raj Dutt, senior vice president of technology at Internap. “Not only can we offer our customers all the benefits of the OpenStack platform, but we’ve implemented existing features that our hybridized customers find valuable – such as bare-metal cloud instances, static IP addresses, Layer 2 VLANs and compatibility with our existing hosting API (hAPI).”
Designed for superior performance and large-scale use cases, the next generation of AgileCLOUD will allow customers to easily provision and manage thousands of virtual or bare-metal cloud AgileSERVER instances – to best fit their application and use case requirements – across Internap’s global cloud footprint, which includes locations in New York, Dallas, Silicon Valley, Amsterdam and Singapore.
Further enhancements to AgileCLOUD include:
- Flexible configuration options and hybridization – Customers can choose from more instance types and flexible configuration options to match cloud resources to specific application requirements. Bare-metal cloud AgileSERVERs will function as just another instance flavor, providing customers with a truly seamless choice on a per-application or per-instance basis. AgileCLOUD continues to support Layer 2 VLANs for hybridization across customers’ colocation and managed hosting services with Internap, all of which can be managed through a “single-pane-of-glass” customer portal and API.
- High-performance storage – Ideal for latency-sensitive and I/O-intensive applications, AgileCLOUD provides 100% SSD for both local (ephemeral) and networked (persistent) block storage. With finely tunable, guaranteed QoS on block storage, AgileCLOUD now solves the performance challenges typically associated with public cloud storage.
- Improved interoperability and no vendor lock-in – Customers can now leverage the management and interoperability benefits of the native OpenStack API and third-party OpenStack ecosystem for both virtualized and bare-metal cloud instances, including the ability to more easily hybridize between on-premise and third-party OpenStack clouds.
- Additional new functionality – Deeper OpenStack integration provides improved image management, block device management and security groups, among other enhanced capabilities.
Deployed by customers around the globe, AgileCLOUD is underpinned by Internap’s Performance IP™ connectivity to deliver consistently higher performance and lower latency to end users when compared to other clouds. Performance IP combines the strength of numerous carrier backbones with Internap’s patented Managed Internet Route Optimizer™ (MIRO) technology, which analyzes network characteristics like jitter and packet loss and makes more than 15 million routing calibrations daily to deliver traffic over the best-performing path.
Internap’s next-generation AgileCLOUD is being offered out of its Santa Clara data center and is available immediately to new and existing customers who register for the beta program. Participants in the AgileCLOUD beta will not be charged for virtualized infrastructure and will receive a $1,000 credit toward the service once it is generally available. To sign up, visit http://www.internap.com/agilecloudbeta/.
- Next-generation AgileCLOUD overview: http://inap.co/8q
- Video – Raj Dutt talks AgileCLOUD: http://www.internap.com/agilecloud-video/
Tweet this release: http://inap.co/8i
Internap helps people build and manage the world’s best performing IT infrastructure. Our global footprint of data centers, patented network technology and hybrid approach to hosting solutions that blends virtual and bare-metal cloud computing, managed hosting and colocation delivers a seamless end-user experience with the lowest latency every time. With a 100% uptime guarantee and award-winning customer support, Internap has been recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Most Trustworthy Companies. For more information, visit www.internap.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include statements related to the characteristics and performance of our services and the benefits that our customers may receive from them. Because such statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks and uncertainties, there are important factors that could cause our actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. These factors include the actual performance of our services; the reaction and behavior of customers and the market to our services; our ability to react to trends and challenges in our business and the markets in which we operate; the availability of services from Internet network service providers or network service providers providing network access loops and local loops on favorable terms, or at all; failure of third party suppliers to deliver their products and services on favorable terms, or at all; failures in or intrusions into our network operations centers, data centers, network access points or computer systems; our ability to provide or improve Internet infrastructure services to our customers; and our ability to protect our intellectual property, as well as other factors discussed in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Given these risks and uncertainties, investors should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements as a prediction of actual results. We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify any forward-looking statement for any reason.
Davies Murphy Group