- Pan European fibre and data centre services provider connecting Dublin directly to Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Zurich, Marseilles, Paris, London and onwards to the world
- Irish national fibre network and extensive Telephony and Managed Services for enterprise, wholesale and carrier customers
- Wavelength services up to 100Gbps available plus infrastructure and Ethernet services
- Enterprise and public sector clients of Digiweb to transfer to Viatel
Viatel has today launched its range of high bandwidth services in Ireland. As one of Europe’s largest network owners, Viatel now brings a range of new services to enterprise and wholesale customers in Ireland offering very high capacity, low latency and cost effective connectivity solutions within Ireland and out to Europe and worldwide.
Viatel already serves some of the largest internet, telecommunications, financial and corporate blue-chip companies throughout Europe and today’s launch adds Ireland to the growing list of countries connected.
Viatel’s services portfolio combines the ICT, Managed Services and Data Centre facilities previously provided under the Digiweb brand with Viatel’s high bandwidth and infrastructure services:
- Very high capacity low-latency services – 2Mbps to 100Gbps – across Europe
- IAAS and Cloud, Dedicated Server, Colocation and data centre facilities
- Fully managed voice services – switched voice and VoIP
- Wavelength, Dark fibre and infrastructure services
- VPN, Metro Ethernet, MPLS, VPLS and disaster recovery connectivity
As part of the Europe-wide integration the majority of services provided to Digiweb’s Enterprise customers will transfer to Viatel with immediate effect. This will allow these customers to benefit from the industry leading services available from Viatel and its pan-European network.
Commenting on the launch Colm Piercy, Group CEO, said “This is an exciting day for Viatel. Our continued global expansion is on-going and today’s launch in Ireland is a key milestone for us. Ireland is home to some of the world’s leading companies and we are looking forward to offering them a unique service distinguished by effective end-to-end solutions, pro-active care, and strong value. In addition, welcoming many of our former Digiweb enterprise customers to Viatel enables us offer a new suite of solutions and opportunities to them. We are a young, fast growing organisation, determined to meet our clients’ needs in the Irish telecommunications market better and faster than anyone else”