|Solution to help GO customers enjoy personalized converged services across multiple fixed and mobile Internet devices
Paris, October 14, 2013 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has been selected by GO, the leading telecommunications in Malta, to help shape its service offering as it lays the foundations of its evolved network
Alcatel-Lucent’s Smart Plan is designed to help service providers define and shape their retail strategies around fixed, mobile and data commercial offers. For GO in particular, Smart Plan will provide key policy and charging software, enabling consumers to easily discover, purchase and manage the broadband services that suit them.
Along with Smart Plan, Alcatel-Lucent will also be providing GO with its Evolved Packet Core technology – the high-performance, all-IP platform that sits at the heart of a mobile network to ensure the highest quality of experience while optimizing total cost of ownership.
- GO is laying the groundwork for its 4G LTE service by putting in place critical policy and charging software to manage customer services usage.
- GO is the first customer to deploy Alcatel-Lucent’s complete Smart Plan solution, which was introduced in February 2013 to help service providers easily shape a retail strategy around fixed, mobile and data offerings.
- The Alcatel-Lucent Smart Plan platform enables GO to build service offers for every target market — from traditional voice users to heavy mobile data users, making it easier for customers to understand, tailor and manage their own service plans.
- Smart Plan deployed by GO includes:
- Smart Plan Builder empowering GO customers to easily discover, purchase and manage broadband services.
- SurePay® simplifying real-time charging across fixed, mobile and data services.
- 5780 Dynamic Services Controller (DSC) based on Agile Rules Technology (A.R.T.) and making it easier for GO to implement personalized services faster.
- GO also is deploying the Alcatel-Lucent’s Evolved Packet Core, including 7750 Service Router Mobile Packet Gateway and 9471 Wireless Mobility Manager/ Mobility Manager Entity (MME) to support the future LTE deployments in the country.
- The solutions put in place by GO underline The Shift Plan, Alcatel-Lucent’s industrial strategy to become specialist vendor of IP Networking and Ultra-Broadband Access.
Kelvin Camenzuli, Chief Technical Officer of GO said: “Alcatel-Lucent’s Smart Plan solution is helping GO simplify, personalize and enhance its customers’ experiences around mobile usage, while increasing their real-time purchasing decisions, which are key elements in our evolved network. Smart Plan also enables us to offer our customers even more purchasing options through a mobile data ecosystem with partner brands.”
Gianluca Baini, president Mediterranean Countries of Alcatel-Lucent said: “As GO evolves its network, it needs flexible solutions to create personalized offers and business models that drive new revenue streams for mobile data, as well as voice and SMS. What’s more, GO can leverage the Smart Plan platform to complement its retail strategy, creating a new and convenient touch point on customers’ mobiles.”
GO is Malta’s first quadruple play operator, a truly converged and integrated communications and entertainment company with a wide range of services. As Malta’s leading provider of telecommunications services, GO offers fixed phone, mobile telephony, broadband internet services, digital tv, in addition to business-related services like data networking solutions, business IP services, managed and co-location facilities. GO powers over 500,000 customer connections and services – thus making it the largest communications provider in Malta.
GO has been in the business of communications for the past 30 years and its major shareholder is Emirates International Telecommunications LLC (EIT), a joint venture between TECOM Investments and Dubai Investment Group – both part of Dubai Holding. The remaining shares are traded on the Malta and London Stock Exchanges.
GO media contact
Ms. Grace Pace, Public Relations Manager
Telephone: +356 21 210210 or email email@example.com