OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), October 07, 2013 - A small device can offer big-time productivity for a business and fun for the whole family. So today, Sprint announced Samsung Galaxy Tab® 3 7.0 will be available on Friday, Oct. 11, with a special introductory price of $49.99 (excluding taxes) with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement. Customers will be able to purchase this versatile new tablet in all Sprint sales channels, including Sprint Stores, Sprint Business Sales, Web Sales and Telesales at 1-800-SPRINT1. Initially, Galaxy Tab 3 will be available in White, but a Midnight Black version will also be available for the holidays.
The 7-inch Galaxy Tab 3 features Android™ 4.2, Jelly Bean, Sprint 4G LTE, where available, a 3-megapixel rear-facing camera with video capture and 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video chat. Sprint customers can add a data plan for Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 to their account for as little as $5 per month (excluding taxes and surcharges). Customers can also take advantage of Sprint One UpSM, a new upgrade program that gives customers the ability to upgrade their smartphone every 12 months.
“You can’t go wrong with the incredible special offer we developed for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 that allows customers to purchase one of the best tablets available at the easily affordable price of $49.99 and add it to their account starting at only $5 per month,” said David Owens, vice president-Product Development, Sprint. “With a bright and colorful display and access to the Sprint 4G LTE network, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 rounds out Sprint’s robust device portfolio to ensure that we offer a tablet or smartphone that will meet anyone’s needs. Business users will appreciate the big-time productivity features of this easily portable tablet, while consumers will appreciate its portability and versatility for communicating with friends and family, entertainment and gaming.”
Simple and Convenient
Buying a tablet for the first time? Galaxy Tab 3 makes it easy for a first-time tablet owner or experienced user.
- Galaxy Tab 3 has a similar look and feel to Galaxy smartphones, so users find it intuitive to use.
- Connect to loved ones from afar using the clear 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera on Galaxy Tab 3 for video chat in Google Talk, Skype and more.
- Samsung Hub™ makes it easy to buy music, books, movies and games with a full library of content powered by some of the biggest names in entertainment on Galaxy Tab 3. The apps can also be accessed freely on any Galaxy device.
- Enjoy access to more than a million apps from Google Play™. Already own apps on a Galaxy smartphone? Then easily access all those already purchased apps or download more on Galaxy Tab 3.
Enjoy Some Downtime
Managing a household and relaxing at home have never been easier. Galaxy Tab 3 includes a variety of features that make it easy to relax and enjoy some free time.
- Samsung WatchON™ is the ultimate TV and movie app – recommending programming based on personal tastes. Built with the same IR blaster as a standard TV remote, Galaxy Tab 3 can be used as a universal remote control for almost any TV or DVR, so users can change the channel directly from the tablet. When paired with a Samsung Smart TV, users can enjoy a seamless experience between Galaxy Tab 3 and TV – start a movie on the TV and continue watching it on Galaxy Tab 3.
- Galaxy Tab 3 offers a brilliant display, making it a favorite device for game lovers.
- Small enough to take anywhere1 and large enough to easily read, Galaxy Tab 3 makes it easy to relax with a good book or magazine with access to some of the top bookstore apps.
Get Work Done
Galaxy Tab 3 is incredibly portable, making it easy for the mobile workforce to get work done when away from the office or meeting with customers.
- Polaris® Office is preloaded, allowing users to edit Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files from anywhere.
- Group Play™ lets users share a game, photo album or presentation in real time with multiple friends on select Samsung devices using Wi-Fi®.
- Samsung for Enterprise (SAFE™) ensures that businesses have the security and control they require to protect the company.
- Quickly and easily access corporate email, meeting details, contact information and other critical information.
- Securely store sensitive proprietary documents, presentations and other corporate data on a mobile device.
- Wirelessly and securely access data from a corporate network while travelling or working in the field.
- Employees using their personal smartphones in a company’s Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program remain mobile, secure and compliant with remote management of applications and device features that meet company-specific security requirements.
- 3G/4G LTE mobile hotspot capability supporting up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously.2
Sprint continues to bring a better wireless experience to customers across the country as it builds out its all-new 3G and 4G LTE network. Sprint now provides 4G LTE service in 185 markets nationwide and is aiming to provide LTE to 200 million people by the end of 2013. For the most up-to-date details on Sprint’s 4G LTE portfolio and rollout, visit www.sprint.com/network.
Sprint offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint served more than 53 million customers at the end of the second quarter of 2013 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. The American Customer Satisfaction Index rated Sprint as the most improved company in customer satisfaction, across all 47 industries, during the last five years. Newsweek ranked Sprint No. 3 in both its 2011 and 2012 Green Rankings, listing it as one of the nation’s greenest companies, the highest of any telecommunications company. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
1Coverage not available everywhere.
2Use of mobile hotspot requires subscription to a mobile hotspot plan.
Samsung, Galaxy Tab, WatchON, Samsung Hub, Group Play and SAFE are trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
About Samsung SAFE™
SAFE™: "SAFE™” (Samsung for Enterprise) is a mark for a Samsung device which has been tested against Samsung’s own internal criteria for interoperability with certain third-party security-related solutions for MDM and VPN. The testing includes field testing with local network connection and menu tree testing, which tests functionality of the solutions in conjunction with the Samsung device. During the testing, the device is tested with the security solutions to see if the solutions work with the device as described by the third-party security solution providers. The testing, for example, includes field testing with local network connection and menu tree testing, which tests functionality of the solutions in conjunction with the Samsung device. For more information about Samsung’s SAFE™ program, please refer to www.samsung.com/us/safe.
Disclaimer of Warranties:
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN THEIR STANDARD END USER LICENSE AND WARRANTY, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD., SAMSUNG TELECOMMUNICATIONS AMERICA, LLC, AND THEIR AFFILIATES (COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO HEREIN AS THE “SAMSUNG ENTITIES”) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, INTEROPERABILITY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH RESPECT TO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SECURITY PROTECTION, SAFE™ DEVICES AND APPLICATIONS TESTED WITH SAFE™ DEVICES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SAMSUNG ENTITIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SECURITY PROTECTION, SAFE™ DEVICES OR APPLICATIONS TESTED WITH SAFE™ DEVICES. In addition, information technology security protection will be affected by features or functionality associated with, among other things, the email platform, master data management, and virtual private network solutions selected by the software provider, solution provider or user. Choice of an email, master data management, and virtual private network solution is at the sole discretion of the software provider, solution provider or user and any associated effect on information technology security protection is solely the responsibility of the software provider, solution provider or user. For complete statement of limited warranty, please refer to www.samsung.com/us/safe, available on the Web and where Samsung smartphone and Galaxy Tab™ devices are sold.
Mark Elliott, 603-621-4511