SAN JOSE, Calif., September 12, 2013 – Cisco today unveiled the world’s most scalable and programmable network processor, uniquely designed to power the Internet of Everything (IoE), as more people, processes, data and things become interconnected. With trillions of advanced “networked events” predicted to come online over the next decade, the Cisco® nPower™ integrated network processor delivers new levels of performance and bandwidth, as well as programmable control using open APIs and advanced compute capabilities.
Backed by Cisco’s rich heritage in networking silicon innovation, the nPower X1 integrated network processor – the first generation of the nPower processor family – becomes the industry’s first network processor capable of scaling to multi-terabit performance levels while handling trillions of transactions. Delivering unprecedented network speed and intelligence, the nPower X1 is purpose-built for software-defined networking (SDN), enabling on-the-fly reprogramming for new levels of service agility and simplified network operation. The nPower X1, which incorporates over 50 patents, also features the following advancements in network processing:
- First true 400 Gigabits-per-second (Gbps) throughput from a single chip, to enable multi-terabit network performance. All packet processing, traffic management and input/output functions are integrated on a single nPower X1 and operate at high performance and scale.
- Highest-performing programmable control designed to seamlessly handle hundreds of millions of unique transactions per second. The nPower’s industry-leading processing architecture is purpose built for machine-driven events and ultra-high-definition video applications.
- With 4 billion transistors on a single chip, the nPower X1 implementation achieves unprecedented levels of performance, functionality, programmability, and scale for a network processor.
- Enables solutions with eight times the throughput and one quarter the power per bit compared with Cisco’s previous industry-leading network processor.
Cisco will introduce networking innovations featuring its nPower X1 integrated network processor during a media, analyst and industry webcast on Tuesday, Sept. 24, from 8:00 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. PDT. To register, please visit www.cisco.com/go/systemforioe.
- Cisco nPower™ Network Processor
·Join the Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram conversation using hashtag #SystemForIoE
·Cisco Platform blog post on nPower network processor
Cisco, Cisco nPower™ Network Processor, nPower, nPowerX1
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco’s trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
- Jim BradyCisco Systems, Inc.+1 email@example.com
Investor Relations Contacts
- John ChoiCisco Systems, Inc.+1 408 526 firstname.lastname@example.org
Industry Analyst Relations
- Carter CromwellCisco Systems, Inc.408 email@example.com