Groups of users can instantly communicate and collaborate at the push of a button
SAN JOSE, Calif.— Aug. 19, 2013 — Cisco today unveiled Instant Connect, a cost efficient push-to-talk (PTT) communication solution for personnel in a number of sectors, including manufacturing, healthcare, campus and enterprise employees. This new solution allows a group of mobile users to instantly communicate using enterprise networks. Cisco Instant Connect delivers secure, reliable communications with a full-featured PTT user experience including enhanced capabilities beyond two-way PTT mobile radio handsets.
Traditional PTT radio communications is often difficult to manage and operate. Many services are expensive, limited and restrictive in functionality. Users are often constrained by carriers and limited to voice capabilities, in addition to paying a monthly service fee.
Cisco Instant Connect is delivered using existing network infrastructure over enterprise wireless networks without the need for a service provider or carrier network, and does not require additional network investments. Users also have the flexibility to use their choice of mobile devices, including Cisco wired and wireless phones.
With Instant Connect, field personnel simply log into their group and push a button to communicate with their colleagues from any location with network connectivity. When users roam off site, they are able to stay in communication with their group by connecting to the corporate network through a carrier data plan. Managers with administration privileges can add and delete users from groups. PTT Servers are installed on the corporate network running as virtual applications on Cisco's award winning Unified Data Center technologies including the Unified Computing Systems b-series, c-series and e-series platforms that can easily be expanded as PTT usage grows.
Easy to use, manage and instantly communicate
- The Cisco Instant Connect system supports Cisco Wireless IP Phones and touch screen AndroidTM mobile devices for group and private PTT conversations.
- Managers now have the power to directly create and control collaboration channels and group communication privileges.
Reduce Telecom costs and have better control of instant communications
- On premise PTT services eliminate recurring monthly service fees and operational expenses.
- Customers are able to extend Cisco Instant Connect services beyond the enterprise network coverage area using Cisco mobile routers or carrier data plans.
- IT departments can expand WiFi coverage by adding additional access points, providing better on premise coverage than carrier coverage or Land Mobile Radio (LMR) coverage
Collaborate more effectively by using video and group messaging
- Managers can add live surveillance cameras or recorded video, enabling rich media collaboration with the group.
- Video surveillance feeds can be dropped into incident communication channels providing voice, video and data collaboration directly to field personnel.
Cisco Instant Connect expands our vision of the Internet of Things connecting people and devices to the internet changing the way we communicate.
Arjen Maarleveld: Chief Operating Officer of Tait Communications- "We are very excited to offer Cisco Instant Connect to our customers as it allows more people to use the radio network through commercially available smart devices and Voice over IP phones."
David Deacon: CEO Etherstack- "Cisco is leading the movement in open IP connectivity in public safety networks by offering customers a migration path to full standard P25 interoperable solutions; not partially compliant implementations that locks out competition."
Didier Mattivi : CEO IP Trade- "Cisco Instant Connect delivers ground breaking full featured Push to Talk solutions that allows managers to communicate instantly with up to 30 groups of people at the same time."
Guido Jouret: VP & general manager, Internet of Things group at Cisco- "As devices and people continue to connect to the internet, Cisco will continue to deliver innovative products such as Cisco Instant Connect ultimately changing the way that people and devices communicate and work together".
Dan O'Malley: Sr. Product Manager at Cisco- "We are happy to launch our first wave of Cisco Instant Connect products in response to our customers asking for more cost effective solutions and greater control of their communications."
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
- Bessie WangCisco+1 408 646 firstname.lastname@example.org