Increased Revenues With More Than 45% From Leading Content Providers and Tier 1 Service Providers; New Cloud Networking Solution Shipping and Oversubscribed; Double Digit Global Market Share Achieved
OTTAWA and BOSTON, MA--(Marketwired - Aug 5, 2013) - BTI Systems, the software and networking leader empowering content and service providers to capitalize on trends in cloud services, mobility and Internet video, continues to experience strong momentum and growth -- driving demand for solutions from large content, colocation/hosting and service providers while increasing market share.
Reflecting this momentum, BTI today announced that Ken Taylor has joined as chief financial officer, bringing more than 25 years of experience in finance, operations and public offerings. Taylor was CFO of March Networks Corporation and is also currently serving as director and chair of the Audit Committee of Sandvine Corporation. Prior experience includes serving as vice president of finance for Newbridge Networks, which was acquired by Alcatel.
During the first half of 2013, BTI Systems substantially strengthened its market position supported by new customers, strong management team additions, new funding and global expansion.
Customer and Market Growth News:
- Equinix, Inc. (NASDAQ: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, deployed BTI's intelligent networking solutions to interconnect data centers in Asia Pacific with results that include 20% more capacity, 35% in space saving with the smallest footprint per 10G wave and 15% reduction in power consumption;
- At 1H 2013, revenues for BTI's data center and cloud solutions equal 120% of total data center and cloud revenues in 2012;
- BTI cloud and data center interconnect solutions have been deployed in major international data center hubs, including Moscow, London, Sydney and Hong Kong;
- BTI's market momentum increased in APAC, with 1H 2013 bookings growth of 240% when compared to 1H 2012 bookings including new deployments with Moratel and S.I NET;
- BTI's diverse customer base expanded to more than 380, with 45% of revenues coming from large content providers, cloud infrastructure providers and top tier service providers;
- Global Packet Optical Networking Transport market share increased to double digits, as reported by ACG Research;
- Packet optical shipments has grown on average 50% quarter-over-quarter over the past 10 quarters.
- BTI closed a $10 million round of funding led by Bain Capital Ventures;
- Former VMware executive Tod Nielsen, who has demonstrable software and applications vision and expertise, joined the BTI Systems Board of Directors;
- Former ACG Managing Partner Eve Griliches and telecommunications executive Jim Hintze joined the company to focus on strategic cloud and data center initiatives. Tom Nolette, former vice president of operations for Crossbeam, joined as senior vice president of global operations;
- Senior Vice President of Global Marketing Sally Bament was named to the prestigious list ofWomen in Wireline 2013 by FierceTelecom;
- BTI was chosen with customer Equinix to speak about data center virtualization demands at the highly acclaimed GigaOM Structure Conference. BTI executives were also selected to speak at industry conferences including COMPTEL PLUS, OSA and OFC/NFOEC.
- BTI marked an industry first with the announcement of Intelligent Cloud Connect, an open SDN-enabled platform that delivers content and service providers 4 times the capacity, half the latency and up to 10 times the applications performance, with 50% OPEX and CAPEX savings for cloud networking deployments;
- Initial units of the BTI 7800 Intelligent Cloud Connect platform have shipped on time to lead customers, with strong demand across all target segments including content providers, service providers and colocation/hosting providers after only four months since announcement;
- The 10G/100G Intelligent Cloud Connect networking platform is the densest on the market supporting up to 10Tbps per rack.
"BTI continues to experience healthy growth in our core business while over-achieving the goals we set to become the leading provider of intelligent cloud networking solutions," said President and CEO Steve Waszak. "Inter-data center traffic -- which is more than 5 times the level of user-to-data center traffic and growing -- has created performance bottlenecks for content and service providers that are costly in operational expenditures, limit the ability to scale and result in the potential loss of business. After collaborating with many of our customers, we identified the strategic opportunity to create an open platform that integrates scale and application awareness for cloud service providers. We have cracked the code through customer insights and market experience and have invested wisely in new cloud and data center interconnect solutions. Now we are seeing these strategic decisions pay off."
About BTI Systems
BTI delivers solutions that transform the economics, performance and innovation of global networks through intelligent networking software and systems. Leading content, cloud and service providers choose BTI to drive improved operational efficiencies and profitably deliver high-value services to businesses and consumers around the globe. With more than 380 customers, BTI is headquartered in North America, and operates regional sales, marketing, and R&D centers of excellence throughout the world. For more information, visit www.btisystems.com.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
CHEN PR, Inc.