BroadCloud Hosted Unified Communications platform recognized for innovation and ability to enable service providers to rapidly bring new UC services to market
GAITHERSBURG, MD, August 14, 2013 – In recognition of its accomplishments in the Hosted Unified Communications (UC) Solutions sector, BroadSoft, Inc. (NASDAQ:BSFT, news, filings) today announced it has received the 2013 Frost & Sullivan New Product Innovation Leadership Award, Europe, for BroadCloud®, the firm’s cloud-based, hosted Unified Communications platform that enables telecommunications service providers to rapidly and cost-effectively bring new UC services to market.
“The cost, complexity and unclear ROI of on-premise managed Unified Communications solutions have led to restrained enterprise adoption, which is why we believe that innovative, hosted solutions are critical for enterprises and consumers to realize the full benefits that UC can deliver,” said Sunanda Jayanth, research analyst, Frost & Sullivan. “BroadSoft’s BroadCloud offering empowers service providers to deliver a full range of UC services managed and hosted under their own brand, and leaves BroadSoft uniquely positioned in this competitive space.”
Frost & Sullivan utilized five key criteria to benchmark BroadSoft’s performance against key competitors, finding that the BroadCloud Hosted UC platform demonstrated superior innovation, capabilities and market potential in the following ways:
- Innovative element of the product – BroadCloud was recognized for its extensive set of UC features for the enterprise as well as consumers, and a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery model that ensures rapid proliferation of multimedia applications to customer end users. Additionally, Frost & Sullivan indicated that BroadSoft is positioned ahead of other hosted UC vendors and paved the way for growing acceptance of Hosted UC among service providers.
- Leveraging of leading-edge technologies in product – BroadSoft was recognized for more than 12 years of R&D invested in its product offerings, its adoption of leading-edge open standards, and an open interface that allows for seamless integration with mobile applications and products. Frost & Sullivan also highlighted that BroadSoft’s platform is equipped with the industry’s most extensively tested Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) stack.
- Value-added features/benefits – BroadCloud was cited for its ability to remove cost barriers associated with integrating video into a hosted voice offering, and the fact that service providers with the BroadWorks® platform can access multipoint video services in the cloud.
- Increased customer ROI – BroadSoft was recognized for its commitment to offering an extensive, innovative range of UC services that empower service providers through continuous innovation and R&D, strategy acquisitions and in-house development.
- Customer acquisition/penetration potential – BroadCloud was highlighted for its ability to reduce costs and complexities associated with the implementation, management and billing of UC services, and the fact that BroadSoft is well-positioned to acquire new customers by expanding its geographic footprint and achieving further penetration into cable providers and mobile operators.
“BroadCloud represents a key component of our broader efforts to enable service providers to rapidly deliver Hosted UC solutions to the market segments they serve, while helping our customers meet the communications needs of the new mobile enterprise,” said Leslie Ferry, vice president marketing, BroadSoft. “We are honored to receive this prestigious Frost & Sullivan award, which is a testament to the efforts of our team to develop innovative products and technology.”
“The New Product Innovation Leadership Award is based on extensive and independent Frost & Sullivan competitive analysis of the Hosted UC Solutions market. The report can be downloaded at http://broadsoft.com/frost-sullivan-innovation-leadership-award-2013/.
BroadSoft is the leading provider of software and services that enable mobile, fixed-line and cable service providers to offer Unified Communications over their Internet Protocol, or IP network. The Company's core communications platform enables the delivery of a range of enterprise and consumer calling, messaging and collaboration communication services, including private branch exchanges, video calling, text messaging and converged mobile and fixed-line services. For additional information, visit http://www.BroadSoft.com.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best-in-class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company's Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO's Growth Team with disciplined research and best-practice models to drive the generation, evaluation and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages 50 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 40 offices on six continents. To join our Growth Partnership, please visit http://www.frost.com.
Forward-Looking Statements (BroadSoft)
This press release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements may be identified by their use of terms and phrases such as "enable” and other similar terms and phrases, and such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, the statements regarding the capabilities and benefits to service providers of BroadCloud. The outcome of the events described in these forward-looking statements is subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the results anticipated by these forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to whether BroadCloud will be utilized by BroadSoft's customers, and the resulting financial and other benefits to BroadSoft, as well as those factors contained in the "Risk Factors" sections of the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012 filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, or SEC, on February 27 , 2013, and in the Company's other filings with the SEC. All information in this release is as of August 13, 2013. Except as required by law, BroadSoft undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statement made herein for any reason to conform the statement to actual results or changes in its expectations.
BroadSoft and BroadWorks are registered trademarks of BroadSoft, Inc. All other names are trademarks of their respective owners.
Rich Teplitsky, BroadSoft Public Relations
Brian Lustig, Bluetext PR for BroadSoft
Becky Stanway, Hotwire PR London, for BroadSoft
+44 (0) 20 7608 4657