Junos DDoS Secure Only Security Solution to Deliver Intelligence-Based Analytics That Prevent High-Volume and Targeted Application-Level Attacks
SUNNYVALE, CA–(Marketwired – Jun 4, 2013) – Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced the availability of Junos® DDoS Secure to protect data centers against increasingly complex Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks. A key part of Juniper’s security portfolio, Junos DDoS Secure uses behavioral analytics and detailed network visibility to provide scalable protection against all major types of DDoS attacks.
For enterprises and service providers with a major online presence, the potential loss of productivity and customers due to a network outage from an attack can be catastrophic to business operations. According to a February 2013 Ponemon Institute study commissioned by Juniper Networks, IT professionals surveyed cited web-based (65 percent) and DDoS attacks (60 percent) as the most serious types of attacks experienced by companies. Along with traditional high-volume attacks that leverage massive amounts of traffic to overwhelm a data center, businesses now face targeted low-bandwidth attacks on data-heavy applications that go undetected by traditional DDoS mitigation solutions.
Preventing application-level or “low-and-slow” attacks requires security professionals have granular visibility and control of network traffic once it enters the data center versus simply the ability to block DDoS traffic at the edge of the network. Juniper Networks® Junos DDoS Secure offers this visibility providing customers with fully automated DDoS protection against “low-and-slow” application attacks with minimal false positives, as well as up to 10 Gbps of mitigation against volumetric attacks.
Junos DDoS Secure provides companies and organizations with web infrastructures of all sizes protection against targeted application-level and wide-scale volumetric attacks.
- Application-Level Intelligence: By continually monitoring and logging all inbound and outbound Web traffic using its unique behavioral algorithm, Junos DDoS Secure learns which IP addresses can be trusted. The algorithm is able to detect unusual activity coming from a user and then intelligently respond in real time by dropping suspect or noncompliant traffic as soon as the optimum performance from critical resources begins to degrade.
Further, using advanced dynamic distributed threat intelligence (DDTI) techniques, Junos DDoS Secure also ensures that when a threat is detected at one gateway, within seconds, all the other Junos DDoS Secure appliances on the network are updated with the latest information needed to protect critical resources.
- Scalable Deployment: For maximum flexibility of deployment, Junos DDoS Secure is uniquely available to operate in a range of virtualized environments, including VMware and KVM-based systems for private, public or hybrid cloud environments. It is also fully IPv6 compliant. The virtual Junos DDoS Secure offering provides large enterprises the ability to rapidly scale and configure a global defense shield using existing server capacity in regional data centers. It also provides Internet service providers with the ability to easily roll out DDoS mitigation as an additional managed service for customers by leveraging their existing virtual infrastructure.
Availability and Pricing: Junos DDoS Secure is available later this quarter and is offered as both a perpetual and subscription software license. Perpetual license is priced at $18,950 per 1 Gbps and 1 year subscription license at $8,950 for 1Gbps. Software maintenance via the Juniper Care Software Advantage is provided at an additional fee for perpetual licenses. Software maintenance is included in the subscription license fee.
“Enterprises and service providers interested in safeguarding availability would be well served to consider both size and sophistication in architecting a DDoS security strategy. Junos DDoS Secure offers customers a unique, intelligence-based approach to protecting against all types of DDoS attacks, providing next generation security for today’s data center.”
-David Koretz, vice president and general manager, Counter Security, Juniper Networks
“At Xerox Services, our business relies on delivering consistent and secure access to our clients’ websites and services, which makes protecting against the growing threat of DDoS attacks a key priority. With Juniper’s Junos DDoS Secure solution, we are able to better protect our clients’ websites against both volumetric and targeted application-layer attacks to ensure they are always online and running at maximum efficiency.”
– Kevin Taylor, managing director of ITO UK, ACS Information Technologies UK Ltd, A Xerox Company
- 5-in-5 Video with Paul Bristow
- Late Rooms.com Case Study
- Junos DDoS Secure Website
- Follow the conversation on Twitter @JuniperNetworks and @JuniperSecurity
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Statements in this press release concerning Juniper Networks’ prospects, future products and prospective benefits to customers are forward-looking statements that involve a number of uncertainties and risks. Actual results or events could differ materially from those anticipated in those forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including delays in scheduled product availability, the company’s failure to accurately predict emerging technological trends, and other factors listed in Juniper Networks’ most recent report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All statements made in this press release are made only as of the date of this press release. Juniper Networks undertakes no obligation to update the information in this release in the event facts or circumstances subsequently change after the date of this press release.