Cisco and Citrix Extend Strategic Alliance with Network Services Innovations
Citrix Blog: Citrix and Cisco: A New Playbook for New Times
News Release: Cisco and Citrix Extend Partnership into Networking, Cloud and Mobility (October 2012)
News Release: Cisco and Citrix Simplify Go-to-Market with New Partner Accelerator Initiative (June 2012)
SAN JOSE, Calif. – June 20, 2013 – Cisco today announced the evolution of its network services strategy for virtual and cloud networks by integrating the market-leading Citrix® NetScaler® application delivery controller (ADC) technology into the Cisco Unified Fabric Cloud Network Services portfolio.
The best-in-class virtual application delivery controller will be tightly coupled into Cisco’s virtual networking framework to provide superior network service provisioning and performance. Citrix NetScaler 1000V will be sold by Cisco and its channel partners worldwide and supported by the Cisco Technical Assistance Center.
Cisco’s Cloud Network Services architecture is designed to simplify and accelerate cloud network deployments without compromising the critical security and application services that key data center applications require. It is comprised of a comprehensive portfolio of integrated, application-aware network services and security offerings designed for virtual and cloud environments. The delivery of Citrix NetScaler 1000V brings intelligent application delivery capabilities to Cisco Cloud Network Services. This unified, integrated approach represents the next evolution in ADC technology, fundamentally changing and uniquely enabling a tight integration with the Cisco network infrastructure that is unmatched by any other ADC on the market.
This technology collaboration delivers on the vision outlined at Citrix Synergy Barcelona in October, 2012 when the two companies announced they would expand their strategic alliance around three pillars: cloud, mobility and networking. Cisco and Citrix are turning the promise of that vision into reality with the first wave of joint innovation around application delivery services.
The joint offering announced today will include the following key capabilities.
- Integrated Solution: Bringing Cisco and Citrix technologies together into an integrated solution will help enterprise and service provider customers deliver true cloud service automation, speeding up service deployment and simplifying networking services.
- Easy Provisioning with Nexus 1000V: Unlike other ADCs, Citrix NetScaler 1000V will integrate with the Cisco Nexus 1100 Cloud Services Platform and vPath service insertion architecture to uniquely link to the Nexus 1000V. Cisco’s vPath technology allows for the seamless insertion of application services – such as NetScaler – into virtual and cloud networks.
- Seamless Deployment with Nexus 7000: As part of the Cisco and Citrix collaboration in next-generation data center and cloud architectures, the Citrix NetScaler SDX service delivery networking platform and the Citrix NetScaler MPX hardware-based line of ADCs will also attach to the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series switches in the future. This capability will provide customers the benefits of higher resiliency, plug and play installation, improved agility, and increased leverage of both their switching and ADC investments.
- Interoperability with Broader Cloud Network Services: A full portfolio of virtual services for the Cisco Nexus 1000V virtual networking environment will be available. These include the ASA 1000V Cloud Firewall, Virtual Security Gateway virtual firewall, virtual Wide Area Application Services WAN optimization solution, Cisco Prime virtual Network Analysis Module, and Cloud Services Router 1000V. The portfolio also includes best-of-breed third party virtual services offerings that are seamlessly integrated into the framework. Citrix NetScaler 1000V will seamlessly co-exist and interoperate with the broader Cisco Cloud Network Services family.
- Application Delivery in the Unified Data Center: Cloud Network Services form the virtual network services strategy of the broader Cisco Unified Data Center framework, which brings together a seamless architecture of virtualization and cloud-ready compute servers (Unified Compute Servers), network fabric (Unified Fabric) and automation platform (Unified Management). This new set of offerings delivers Intelligent Application Delivery services into Cisco’s Unified Data Center framework.
- Simplified Go-to-Market: The two companies are also collaborating on go-to-market initiatives, including the publication of Cisco Validated Design (CVD) reference documents to assist customers gaining full leverage from Cisco’s Unified Data Center strategy.
Jeff Jack, Group General Manager, Network Integration, Dimension Data
“Dimension Data welcomes the collaboration between Cisco and Citrix to provide clients with a truly integrated network services solution in the data center. As long standing partners of both Cisco and Citrix, we look forward to leveraging our skills and experience in this space to deliver the innovative, next-generation data center solutions our clients are demanding.”
Rohit Mehra, Vice President, Network Infrastructure, IDC
“As enterprise IT aligns itself with cloud rollouts and virtualization, datacenters are becoming the cornerstones of business, driving the need for closer integration between functional elements, and optimizing how applications are delivered over IT and network infrastructure. In that context, the cloud network services-focused partnership between Citrix and Cisco is clearly a step in the right direction.”
Ram Appalaraju, Vice President, Products, Data Center Group, Cisco
“With the addition of the Citrix NetScaler best-in-class application delivery controller tightly coupled into our virtual networking framework, Cisco is furthering our Cloud Network Services strategy. By partnering with Citrix, we will be able to offer critical application delivery services to our virtual networking and cloud customers on the Nexus 1K platform.”
Sunil Potti, Vice President and General Manager, NetScaler Product Group, Citrix
“Both Cisco and Citrix believe that the data center is undergoing a fundamental transformation, driven by cloud, mobility and virtualization. Successfully managing application workloads in these modern data centers requires a flexible, scalable, application-aware network. To help customers make this transition, Cisco and Citrix are collaborating to unify best-in-class technologies based on Citrix NetScaler and Cisco Nexus to accelerate the transformation to new network service delivery models in the Mobile-Cloud Era.”
Citrix NetScaler 1000V will be available via the normal Cisco sales and worldwide channels in Q3 of 2013.
- Citrix Blog Post: Citrix and Cisco: A New Playbook for New Times
- Cisco Blog Post: Citrix and NetScaler 1000V Taking Cisco Cloud Network Services to the Next Level
- Related Announcement: Cisco and Citrix Extend Partnership into Networking, Cloud and Mobility
- Related Announcement: Cisco and Citrix Simplify Go-to-Market with New Partner Accelerator Initiative (June 2012)
- Cisco and Citrix Overview Website
Follow Us Online
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) is the cloud company that enables mobile workstyles—empowering people to work and collaborate from anywhere, securely accessing apps and data on any of the latest devices, as easily as they would in their own office. Citrix solutions help IT and service providers build clouds, leveraging virtualization and networking technologies to deliver high-performance, elastic and cost-effective cloud services. With market-leading solutions for mobility, desktop virtualization, cloud networking, cloud platforms, collaboration and data sharing, Citrix helps organizations of all sizes achieve the speed and agility necessary to succeed in a mobile and dynamic world. Citrix products are in use at more than 260,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally. Annual revenue in 2012 was $2.59 billion. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
- Gareth PettigrewCisco604firstname.lastname@example.org
Investor Relations Contacts
- John ChoiCisco Systems, Inc.+1 408 526 email@example.com
Industry Analyst Relations
- Jesse FreundCisco(510) firstname.lastname@example.org