eCommerce Suite Will Bundle Software, Services, and Hosting Into Single Convenient Solution
Dallas, Texas, June 06, 2013
AT&T and IBM today announced a business agreement to deliver a new eCommerce solution that can help retailers provide a consistent shopping experience for customers whether they are shopping online, via a mobile app or in-store. The new service, expected to be available this year, combines AT&T’s cloud, application management and network services with eCommerce software from IBM’s Smarter Commerce initiative in a single, subscription-based package designed for retailers.
To meet the rising demand of digitally-savvy consumers, IBM and AT&T are working together to provide retailers with an eCommerce suite that will improve the online consumer shopping experience and make it easier to browse and buy products any time through any channel, offering retailers several benefits including:
- The ability to quickly and efficiently scale up website and application hosting to meet promotional and seasonal needs, without making additional capital investment, thanks to predictable monthly pricing and integrated software licensing;
- Easy access to IBM WebSphere Commerce, enabling all companies to offer a smooth customer experience across every channel;
- Enhanced network and application security, availability, and performance with hosting and application management from AT&T;
- Increased speed to market via the integrated, pre-tested ‘starter store’ option;
- Reduced vendor management, with a single contract for the entire solution;
- Easy integration with other AT&T digital media, network, security, mobility and cloud solutions including digital signage, in-store WiFi, web application firewall management, mobile marketing and business intelligence;
- Predictable monthly pricing format that eliminates the up-front licensing fees typical to eCommerce solutions.
“Through our collaboration with IBM, we’re offering retailers a unique ‘one-stop-shop’ for their eCommerce technology needs, with the potential to help them realize online sales growth and improve customer service,” said Steve Caniano, VP of Cloud Solutions, AT&T Business Solutions.
“Teaming with AT&T, we can help retailers grow their businesses through deeper connections to shoppers across all channels,” said Craig Hayman, IBM Industry Solutions General Manager. "Flexible and predictable monthly pricing can help reduce IT investment and risk for growing organizations."
AT&T will be exhibiting at Internet Retailer 2013, June 4-7, booth #103.
The new solution will be available in the US and backed by AT&T’s outstanding customer service and technical support. For more information on eCommerce solutions from AT&T, visit http://www.business.att.com/enterprise/Family/application-services/e-commerce-applications/
This announcement extends the IBM Commerce on Cloud capabilities for online and omnichannel sales to the AT&T Cloud. For more information about software from IBM’s Smarter Commerce initiative, visit http://www.ibm.com/smarterplanet/us/en/smarter_commerce/overview/
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T, news, filings) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and internationally. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s largest 4G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T |DIRECTV brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com/aboutus or follow our news on @ATT, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/att and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/att.
© 2013 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. 4G not available everywhere. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.