Transport network will provide backbone connectivity to enable fast, flexible and secure communications for financial sector as well as other service providers
Paris, June 13, 2013 - Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) and the Russia-based telecommunication carrier Avelacom announced plans to expand existing Avelacom’s 100G optical backbone network from Moscow to London.
The 100G coherent transport network, which is based on Alcatel-Lucent’s Agile Optical Networking technology, will support speeds of 100 gigabit per second (100G), enabling high-capacity, high-speed distribution of data over extremely long distances. The technology will also ensure low latency and high-capacity, two essential features for Avelacom’s customers in the financial services industry, as well as other business customers and service providers who access Avelacom’s network.
- Avelacom will be able to provide low cost, high-capacity and low-latency connectivity between Russia’s two largest cities, Moscow and St. Petersburg, and cities in the Baltics, Scandinavia and Western Europe, reaching London, creating a new information highway connecting Europe and Russia.
- Alcatel-Lucent’s Agile Optical Networking technology includes 100G Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) technology on its 1830 Photonic Service Switch (1830 PSS) platform. Agile Optical Networking provides a scalable, versatile and dynamic solution that can adapt to the ever-changing needs of the network.
- 100G optical coherent technology uses unique Bell Labs silicon innovations to support data speeds of 100 gigabits-per second on each of the 88 wavelengths of an optical fiber, significantly boosting network capacity and performance, as well as providing a clear evolutionary path to 400G connectivity and beyond.
- Alcatel-Lucent Channel Partner Maintrac, headquartered in Linkoping Sweden, is providing turnkey installation, provisioning and maintenance.
Aleksey Larichev, Director Business Development of Avelacom said: “Our customers are businesses with high expectations for both quality of service, reliability and economical pricing. The Alcatel-Lucent 100G optical network we have deployed allows us to offer our customers telecom services they need to run their businesses most efficiently.”
Luis Martinez Amago, President of Alcatel-Lucent’s EMEA region, said: “This is our first deployment of a low latency 100G DWDM network in the Nordic and Baltic regions. Avelacom is a marketplace innovator by taking advantage of our solution to offer their customers a flexible high speed, high quality and low cost connectivity from Moscow and St. Petersburg to London. And Avelacom will be ready to upgrade to 400G speeds down the road thanks to our latest generation of the 400G Photonic Service Engine.”
- Agile Optical Networking http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/solutions/agile-optical-networking
- Alcatel-Lucent single-carrier 100G coherent solution http://www3.alcatel-lucent.com/100g-coherent/
- Alcatel-Lucent single-carrier 100G coherent solution http://youtu.be/f9GmWsE6oZo
- 400G Photonic Service Engine http://www3.alcatel-lucent.com/400g-pse/
- Paving the way the world’s first commercial 400G coherent solution http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7SUULQTzFY
- Alcatel-Lucent 1830 PSS photo http://www.flickr.com/photos/alcatel-lucent/8591143585/
Avelacom is a Russian telecom carrier (headquartered in Moscow) that delivers a wide range of telecom services to business customers, service providers and carriers.
Started in 2001 Avelacom has network coverage in Russia, the CIS, Nordics and Baltics. The company provides a comprehensive portfolio of data, voice services and cloud solutions based on our metro and intercity/international fiber networks
One-stop-shop carrier approach - single partner for all telecom needs in Russia and the CIS countries An efficient, customer-oriented team with strong technical expertise and proven experience in providing telecom solutions. Fast project implementation. Strong Russian, the CIS and Baltics presence. Thorough knowledge of local business and regulatory conditions Reliable service backed by SLA with availability up to 99.99% Proactive 24/7 network monitoring and technical support.
Avelacom Media Contact:
+7 495 777 0301
About Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU)
The long-trusted partner of service providers, enterprises and governments around the world, Alcatel-Lucent is a leading innovator in the field of networking and communications technology, products and services. The company is home to Bell Labs, one of the world's foremost research centers, responsible for breakthroughs that have shaped the networking and communications industry
Alcatel-Lucent innovations are regularly recognized by international institutions for their positive impact on society. In 2012 and for the second year running, Alcatel-Lucent was named one of the Thomson Reuters Top 100 Global Innovators, recognition for the company's continued addition to its world-class patent portfolio, one of the largest in the telecom industry. Alcatel-Lucent has also been recognized for its sustainability performance. In 2012 the company was ranked Technology Supersector Leader by the Dow Jones Sustainability Index. Through its innovations, Alcatel-Lucent is making communications more sustainable, more affordable and more accessible as we pursue our mission of Realizing the Potential of a Connected World
With operations throughout the world, Alcatel-Lucent is a local partner with global reach. The Company achieved revenues of Euro 14.4 billion in 2012 and is incorporated in France and headquartered in Paris
For more information, visit Alcatel-Lucent on: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com, read the latest posts on the Alcatel-Lucent blog: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/blog and follow the Company on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Alcatel_Lucent.