One of Japan’s Largest Online Portal Site Operators Deploys Scalable and Low-Latency Infrastructure
TOKYO–(Marketwired – May 14, 2013) – Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that Yahoo Japan Corporation (YAHOO! Japan) has deployed a Juniper Networks® QFX3000-M QFabric™ System at its new environmentally friendly “Shirakawa Data Center.” It is a large-scale IT data center that covers the Tokyo metropolitan area and East Japan. It now operates a single-layer network fabric based on Juniper Networks QFabric technology to deliver more cost-effective, low-latency performance and linear scalability.
- YAHOO! Japan selected Juniper Networks QFabric technology, the industry’s only single-layer network fabric, over competing solutions due to its energy efficiency, scalability and operational simplicity. By reducing the number of managed switches in the data center to just one, the QFabric deployment has dramatically simplified the management and cost-effectiveness of YAHOO! Japan’s data center.
- The Juniper Networks QFX3000-M QFabric System, deployed at the Shirakawa Data Center, supports up to 768 ports of 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) with low latency, providing YAHOO! Japan customers with a high-quality online experience, no matter where they are.
- As it scales data center operations at Shirakawa, YAHOO! Japan can easily upgrade to a QFabric QFX3000-G QFabric System, which can deliver even higher performance and functionality by supporting up to 6,144 10GbE ports as a single switch.
- Juniper Networks MX960 3D Universal Edge Router is also implemented at the site, providing YAHOO! Japan with unmatched flexibility and reliability to support advanced services.
YAHOO! Japan is one of the country’s largest online portal site operators that offer a wide range of services including search, auction, news and shopping. As part of its “Smartphone First” program, YAHOO! Japan is strengthening its service development for smartphones alongside its support for traditional PCs and striving for future growth in this area.
“With the deployment of Juniper Networks’ QFX3000-M QFabric system, we are able to have a flat structure between data centers’ units. The QFabric system is great because it allows users to equalize all units’ environment and to build large L2 space.”
–Nobuhiro Takazawa, director, Network Operations, Yahoo Japan Corporation
“YAHOO! Japan is a pioneer in Internet service delivery, and Juniper Networks has been proud to play a part of this success for many years. Implementing QFabric as the network foundation of its new state-of-the-art data center will support the company’s expansion and future innovation in Japan seamlessly. It also serves as a testament to QFabric traction in Japan and throughout the Asia Pacific region.”
-Douglas Murray, senior vice president, Juniper Networks Asia Pacific
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos and QFabric are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.