Sonus SBC 1000, SBC 2000 Session Border Controllers to Enhance TalkTalk Business’ SIP Trunking Service
- TalkTalk Business’ network carries more than 2.85 billion voice minutes per month, supports more than 4 million customer lines and 5 million broadband connections
- Sonus is the preferred session border controller (SBC) provider for TalkTalk Business Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunking deployments
- Enterprises can leverage TalkTalk’s SIP trunking service and Sonus’ SBC 1000 or SBC 2000 Session Border Controllers at the core of their networks to manage interoperability and provide high levels of network security
- As Unified Communications (UC) usage grows, SBCs help companies enable interoperability, enhance service quality and deliver security features required when deployed across multi-vendor networks for SIP-based applications
- Survivable Branch Appliance (SBA) capabilities of the Sonus SBC 1000 and Sonus SBC 2000 for Microsoft Lync ensure business continuity in branch offices if the wide area network (WAN) fails
WESTFORD, Mass. – Sonus Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:SONS, news, filings), a global leader in SIP communications, today announced that the Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 Session Border Controllers (SBCs) are certified for deployment with TalkTalk Business’ Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunking services and Microsoft Lync Server 2013.
SIP trunking solutions from TalkTalk Business allow enterprises to reduce capital expenditures by eliminating the need for equipment changeover or disruption of service, so legacy network investments are preserved; and reduce overhead costs associated with operating and maintaining multiple service-specific access lines.
A Microsoft Gold Communications Partner, Sonus helps enterprises optimize Microsoft Lync voice deployments by securing SIP trunking services at the network border and providing a more seamless flow of SIP-based, multi-vendor media for advanced real-time applications like Unified Communications (UC). Access to UC applications such as instant messaging (IM), collaboration, conferencing and voice empowers enterprises to communicate in the most efficient and cost-effective ways – whenever and wherever.
TalkTalk Business’ SIP trunking solution offers seamless integration, allowing the full range of voice call features to be used across an enterprise. The SIP trunking service can help enterprises save up to 50 percent on business phone bills and extend advanced communication features over IP to employees in all offices, whether a main site, a branch office or a remote location.
Sonus SBCs serve as a foundational access technology to enable customers to unify disparate UC architectures across an enterprise. The Sonus portfolio provides the industry’s only end-to-end SBC solution delivering SIP-enabled applications from the service provider to enterprise headquarters to the branch office.
“TalkTalk Business’ network carries more than 2.85 billion voice minutes per month, and we support more than 4 million customer lines and 5 million broadband connections. With demand for SIP increasing exponentially, we are pleased that our range of SIP trunking solutions have been recognized and accredited by Sonus. Our customers demand high-quality SIP solutions and Sonus’ session border controllers help ensure a seamless, robust and secure communications experience,” said Jon Nowell, head of Communication Services, TalkTalk Business.
“Enterprises can now leverage TalkTalk’s SIP trunking service and Sonus’ SBC 1000 or SBC 2000 at the core of their networks to enhance capability, ensure interoperability and provide high levels of network security in Microsoft Lync environments,” said Serge Adam, vice president of EMEA, Sonus. “Sonus is committed to enabling secure, simplified SIP trunking to our partners and customers, and the Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 deliver built-in resilience, ease of implementation, ease of management and ease of integration into customer networks.”
- The Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 have received Microsoft Lync 2013 qualification in several categories, including SBC, survivable branch appliance (SBA), E-911 ELIN gateway and enhanced gateway. The SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 have also received Microsoft Office 365 Exchange Unified Messaging qualification.
- Sonus is positioned in the Leaders quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Session Border Controllers, published October 9, 2012 by Gartner, Inc.
- The Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 have been performance verified by Miercom. To access the Miercom report, visit http://www.sonus.net/miercom/
- A January 2013 Webtorials study “Enterprises Place 2013 Unified Communications Bets: How Many Horses in This Race?” reported a full 58 percent of those surveyed plan to deploy Microsoft Lync for IM and presence
- Calculate SIP trunking savings with the Sonus SIP trunking ROI calculator
- View complete information about the Sonus SBC portfolio at www.sonus.net
- Sonus published the third edition of “Session Border Controllers for Dummies” reference book in partnership with John Wiley & Sons, Inc. Download a free copy here.
- Download the Webtorials report, “Enterprises Place 2013 Unified Communications Bets: How Many Horses in This Race?”
- Download the Webtorials report, “Mobile Unified Communications: The Emergence of 4D Convergence”
Sonus, SONS, TalkTalk Business, Microsoft, Microsoft Lync, Webtorials, Unified Communications, UC, SIP, SIP trunking, cost savings, security, interoperability, savings report, study, trends, session border controller, SBC
Sonus Networks, Inc. is a leader in IP networking with proven expertise in delivering secure, reliable and scalable next-generation infrastructure and subscriber solutions. With customers in over 50 countries across the globe and over a decade of experience in transforming networks to IP, Sonus has enabled service providers and enterprises to capture and retain users and generate significant ROI. Sonus products include session border controllers, policy/routing servers, subscriber feature servers and media and signaling gateways. Sonus products are supported by a global services team with experience in design, deployment and maintenance of some of the world's largest and most complex IP networks. For more information, visit www.sonus.net.
About TalkTalk Business:
- TalkTalk Business provides communications solutions to UK organisations, serving the needs of over 180,000 business and public sector customers and working with over 350 wholesale partners nationwide
- TalkTalk Business uses the Group’s Next Generation Network to power its business-grade products and services at landmark prices, reducing cost and management time for all businesses
- TalkTalk Business offers customers a complete range of technologies to suit every need and every level of investment covering IT Networking and Security, Business Broadband and Internet Connectivity, Hosted services, Telephone systems, Call plans and Phone lines, Call Handling and Mobile
- With the broadest network and largest portfolio of business- grade products and services, TalkTalk Business helps British businesses flourish and grow, whatever their size and wherever they’re located
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release may contain certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Although Sonus believes that its expectations are based on reasonable assumptions, readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this report are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus' business, please refer to the "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations" and "Risk Factors" sections of Sonus' filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made, and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so, except as required by law.
For Sonus Networks:
Wendy Tullo, +1 972-301-4978
Lois Paul & Partners:
Anastasia Efstratios, +1 617-986-5873
For TalkTalk Business:
TalkTalk Business Media Relations Department, +44 0113 243 1117