Sprint’s 4G LTE network, combined with the “hottest” smartphone apps, helps keep you cool this summer
(BUSINESS WIRE), May 24, 2013 – This summer join the millions of Americans who are using their smartphones and tablets for great communication, entertainment, socialization and apps. Sprint is your source to use your smartphone and maximize your staycation, barbecues, weekend explorations or coast-to-coast adventures.
If you aren’t familiar with all the available apps out there, now is your chance to go exploring. With hundreds of thousands of apps and Sprint’s unlimited data plans, you have a lot of possibilities. Smartphone apps, available in the iTunes app store, Google Play and for Windows phones, give everyone the tools they need to take their adventures down numerous paths. Your Sprint smartphone is the ultimate link to relaxation and enjoyment this summer. Check out some of these popular ways to use your device and find places to stay, play and dine in the coming months.
Taking a road trip this summer? Here are some suggestions:
- The TripIt trip planner helps you organize, plan and store all of your travel plans in one spot. Create a master travel itinerary with hotel, dining and shopping destinations, and access your itinerary planner on your mobile device – even share your updates on the road with friends.
- Hotels.com app lets you browse more than 157,000 hotels in more than 60 countries, store favorites, track rewards and make reservations directly from the app. Whether traveling last minute or planning a family getaway, you can read reviews and get the best deal for your location.
- Roadside America’s app is your one-stop shop for travel tools and guides to unusual attractions, tourist traps, weird vacations and road trip ideas. Have you always wanted to see a smiley face water tower or a giant bowler hat? This is your place for all the information. While you’re at it, make sure you are getting the best gas prices across the country with the Gas Buddy app, which will help you find cheap gas wherever you are.
Staying at home? These tools are great for a staycation:
- Download apps for Groupon, Living Social and other deal sites, where you can receive up-to-the-minute offerings at local restaurants, retailers and service providers. Or, download Bitehunter, which aggregates all the daily deals and provides up-to-the-minute details on discounts, restaurants and happy hours.
- If you’re interested in finding the most memorable dishes or the best burger in your town, you can find whatever you’re craving and see what’s good at any restaurant by downloading this visual guide to good food at Foodspotting. Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots and more, wherever you go.
- Camping under the stars this summer, even in your own backyard, can involve countless hours of nighttime activities. GoSkyWatch Planetarium for your iPad is an easy-to-use astronomy app that lets you point your device at the sky and identify and locate stars, planets and constellations. Download through the iTunes Store and see what you can find in tonight’s sky.
Not sure what your summer plans entail? Check out the following:
- If you’re planning to shop this summer, your smartphone can be your new best friend. Apps such as PriceGrabber.com and FreePriceAlerts, allow you to comparison shop on the go. You can easily compare prices on the Web and at local stores and receive updates when your desired item has a price drop. Be sure to also follow your favorite brands on Facebook and Twitter where some companies give you a coupon on the spot or in daily updates.
- When you’re trying to cut down on the chaos of family life, we have found the app for you. Download Cozi, which helps you manage your family calendar, grocery shopping lists, to-do’s and even planning for fun and birthdays. This app helps you live simply with delicious dinner menus, family movie night ideas and party planning for a graduation, Memorial Day or Fourth of July party.
- Do you have unwinding on your mind this summer? Check out the SpaFinder Wellness iPhone App, where you can search more than 20,000 spa and wellness locations. Spa Week Mobile allows you to use the GPS function from any device to locate the spas closest to you, directions and deals. After the spa, incorporate a little meditation to continue the relaxation. Apps such as Buddhify, Smiling Mind and Walking Meditation will ease you along your journey.
- Don’t forget, your smartphone gives everyone the tools they need to take beautiful album-quality pictures and videos. You can enhance and edit your photography directly on your device with apps such as SnapSeed, Photoshop Express or iPhoto. Maybe you can even start vlogging with your family! Need a little inspiration? Check out “Shaytards” on YouTube for a great daily, family-focused vlog (they’ve been vlogging for four years!) and start your video log today.
However you decide to partake in your family fun this summer, don’t forget it, and share it directly from your Sprint device! Share all the memories and moments you’ve captured from your adventures – you can upload pics with apps like Instagram, share flashes of your fun on your social media accounts, and email and text your messages directly from your phone.
Get summer ready with the ultra-durable Kyocera Torque along with the all-new 4GLTE network which is now available to customers in 88 markets nationwide. Whether the device is dropped in water or run through the sprinkler, Torque is built to withstand sprayed water or submersion in up to 3.28 feet of water for 30 minutes. Whatever 4GLTE device you use, join the many Sprint customers who are discovering Sprint 4G LTE in cities that haven’t yet officially been announced, including Washington, D.C., New York and San Francisco. Sprint has announced more than 170 markets where LTE will be available in the coming months. Stay up-to-date on all the latest devices and 4G LTE information in your area, no matter where you are, by checking out the Sprint Newsroom. Enjoy your summer and all the apps that will help you enhance the fun, relaxation and travel.
Rachael Crocker, 913-762-6719