World's Largest Gold Loan Firm Streamlines Operations With Scalable and Robust Data Center and Branch Office Network
BANGALORE, INDIA--(Marketwired - May 31, 2013) - Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), the industry leader in network innovation, has been selected by Muthoot Group, the world's largest gold loan firm, as its strategic network partner. Muthoot Group has deployed Juniper Networks® SRX Series Services Gateways and EX Series Ethernet Switches at its data centers and branch offices across India.
Muthoot Group, India's largest gold loan corporation with 4,200+ branches, has been facing stiff competition within its market segment. To address the dual challenge of maintaining profitable growth while remaining competitive, the company has developed a customized core banking application to streamline the delivery of standardized service offerings across thousands of branch offices via a robust and secure IP network.
- The new network enables Muthoot Group to guarantee its 20 million customers that their loan applications will be processed in a matter of minutes, delivering a level of service competitors find hard to match.
- Muthoot Group's robust network infrastructure enables it to achieve high uptime, security and scalability needed to meet its business objectives.
- Juniper Networks set up a virtual Muthoot Group branch at its Bangalore R&D center to simulate use of an SRX100 Services Gateway within a typical branch environment.
- The SRX100 supports a rich set of features, including redundant MPLS links over fixed and wireless networks, application- and policy-based routing control, and a complete suite of a Unified Threat Management services.
- At Muthoot Group's main data center and disaster recovery site, high-availability SRX3600 clusters have been deployed to provide high-performance firewall and virtual private network services capable of supporting up to 7,500 secure connections simultaneously.
- In larger Muthoot Group branches, EX2200 Ethernet Switches provide more network access ports, giving the company the flexibility to deploy cost-effective, secure and reliable branch business environments.
- The company has also deployed EX8208 Ethernet Switches as the high-performance, high-availability core of its data center networks, helping to deliver rapid application response at Muthoot Group branch offices.
- All Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways and EX Series Switches run the Junos® operating system, providing a common platform and robust foundation of network operations. With the help of the Juniper Networks Network and Security Manager software, Junos OS enables administrators to orchestrate policy enforcement and streamline configuration management across the network.
"To maintain the number one position in the market and future-proof our rapidly growing branch network, we required a mission-critical, robust and scalable network. Juniper Networks branch and data center network solutions were clearly the best to address our business and technical challenges. As security is extremely important; we need to be able to secure transactions across branches and deploy IP-based camera surveillance to prevent fraud. With Juniper's solutions in place, we are now well positioned to deliver customer service excellence while continuing on our rapid growth path."
- George Alexander, managing director, The Muthoot Group
"The new Muthoot Group branch network is a showcase for Juniper Networks SRX Series and EX Series, which integrate essential capabilities that connect, secure and manage workforce locations from branch offices to the data center. With high-performance routing, switching, wireless and security applications and capabilities consolidated into a single device, Muthoot Group will be able to deliver streamlined services to millions of its customers economically and securely."
- Ravi Chauhan, managing director India and SAARC, Juniper Networks
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos and Junosphere are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.