Company is No. 1 in Supplier Diversity, No. 2 for LGBT and No. 3 for Latinos on DiversityInc’s Annual List
Dallas, Texas, May 02, 2013
AT&T has again been recognized as a leader in diversity and inclusion in DiversityInc.’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity survey. It also ranked No. 1 for supplier diversity, No. 2 for LGBT employees and No. 3 for Latinos. The prestigious list highlights companies that are using diversity management to attract and retain a global and multicultural workforce. AT&T and its predecessor companies have been recognized every year since the survey’s inception in 2001.
“A diverse workforce and inclusive culture have long been key to making AT&T a stronger, more competitive company,” said Debbie Storey, senior vice president – talent development and chief diversity officer. “When our employees and suppliers reflect our increasingly diverse markets, we deliver a better experience to the customers and the communities we serve every day.”
A record 893 companies participated in this year’s study. AT&T ranked 13th overall among the 50 companies listed, and was also recognized as leader in the following areas:
- No. 5 company for Blacks
- No. 8 company for People with Disabilities
- No. 9 company Recruitment for Retention
AT&T’s broad commitment to diversity includes:
- a workforce comprised of 38 percent women and 39 percent people of color.
- Eleven employee resource groups (ERG) that offer avenues for personal and professional development, mentoring and community involvement for tens of thousands of AT&T employees. AT&T ERGs work directly with the company to drive business success.
- a supplier diversity program that surpassed its aggressive goal of spending 21.5 percent of the company’s total procurement budget with diversity suppliers. In 2012 AT&T achieved a 23.96 percent supplier diversity milestone by spending $12.2 billion with women, minority, and disabled-veteran owned enterprises.
- career growth and development opportunities that include the award-winning AT&T University’s Leading with Distinction program and an estimated 21 million hours of training to employees in 2012.
- citizenship and sustainability efforts are helping reverse the nation’s alarming high school dropout rate through AT&T Aspire. AT&T is investing $350 million in Aspire, one of the nation’s largest corporate commitments focused on helping a diverse population of students graduate from high school ready for college and careers.
- a multicultural marketing approach that recognizes the diversity of AT&T’s customer base and includes close to 800 stores to a bilingual stores nationwide to better serve the Hispanic Consumer Market, the fastest-growing segment of the U.S. population.
To explore career opportunities at AT&T visit www.att.jobs.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T, news, filings) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and internationally. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s largest 4G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T |DIRECTV brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com/aboutus or follow our news on @ATT, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/att and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/att.
© 2013 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. 4G not available everywhere. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.