Tel Aviv, Israel – April 9, 2013
Invites Israeli high-tech companies to exploit full potential of Liquid Applications
Nokia Siemens Networks is launching its Israel Innovation Competition today. The competition aims to capture high-tech innovations that complement the company’s industry-changing Liquid Applications solution. Companies, start-ups and entrepreneurs in Israel are called to submit their applications and help shape the future of mobile communications.
Nokia Siemens Networks Liquid Applications fundamentally changes the role of base stations in the mobile network by turning them into local hubs of service creation and delivery. Processing and storage capabilities are provided with integrated IT cloud servers, together with the ability to collect real-time network data such as radio conditions, subscriber location, direction of travel and more. Data like this can be exploited by applications in order to offer context-relevant services that transform the mobile broadband experience.
With the launched competition, Nokia Siemens Networks’ Innovations unit is looking for solutions to exploit the full potential of Liquid Applications. The company expects applications submitted to the competition to create new value for mobile operators as well as enhance the customer experience by utilizing the information gathered from the mobile network. The chosen applications will become an important part of the global mobile broadband ecosystem that Nokia Siemens Networks is focused on enabling.
“Israel is one of the world’s most vibrant technology and innovation hot spots”, said Hossein Moiin, executive vice president, technology and innovation at Nokia Siemens Networks. “With our collaborative and outside-in innovation approach, we hope to translate ideas from the Israeli high-tech ecosystem into solutions around our Liquid Applications. Nokia Siemens Networks will consider offering partnership opportunities to the candidates meeting our selection criteria.”
To submit an entry in the competition, please go to Nokia Siemens Networks’ Israel Innovation Competition web page and register by May 15th, 2013.
The submissions will be assessed by experts from Nokia Siemens Networks, together with representatives of external parties* including Intel Capital, Cellcom Israel Ltd, Israel Export and International Cooperation Institute, and Mr. Amos Talmor, an experienced high-tech investor. The assessment team will select six finalists from the submitted entries. On June 27th, Nokia Siemens Networks will host the Israel Innovation Event, in which the finalists have an opportunity to present their applications to the assessment team and the press personally. The assessment team will then announce the winner and nominate a promising startup.
For more information on the competition, selection process and awards, go to the Israel Innovation Competition web page. To share your thoughts on the topic, join the discussion on Twitter using #mobilebroadband, #MBBFuture and #innovation.
About Nokia Siemens Networks
Nokia Siemens Networks is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.
With headquarters in Espoo, Finland, we operate in over 100 countries and had net sales of approximately 13.8 billion euros in 2012. http://www.nokiasiemensnetworks.com
Nokia Siemens Networks
Phone : +33 6 0379 3086
Phone: +358 7140 02869
* Nokia Siemens Networks is joining forces with external parties to assess the competition submissions. These have a wide range of connections in the Israeli high-tech ecosystem and will provide additional expertise:
- Intel Capital – Intel Capital’s global investment and M&A organization has an excellent understanding of the telecoms market and a proven record in identifying successful companies. Their Israeli representatives have deep familiarity with the local technology scene. For more information: http://www.intelcapital.com, and @Intelcapital on Twitter
- Cellcom Israel Ltd – Cellcom Israel Ltd is a major Israeli Mobile operator and complements the assessment team with its understanding of mobile customer needs. In addition, Cellcom Israel is seeking for innovative services and creating new revenue. For more information: http://www.cellcom.co.il
- The Israel Export and International Cooperation Institute (IEICI) – In its role to promote Israeli export, IEICI has an extensive network of connections including thousands of Israeli companies and is in a perfect position to match them with multinational corporations such as Nokia Siemens Networks. For more information: http://www.export.gov.il/eng/HomePage/
- Mr. Amos Talmor – Mr. Talmor is an investor and serial entrepreneur with several years of experience in leading innovative technology start-ups and managing strategic deals. He has a deep understanding of the Israeli high-tech scene and a gifted capability to analyze and assess companies and their business models. For more information: http://www.amostalmor.com, and Amos Talmor on LinkedIn
PR Archives: Latest, By Company, By Date