Juniper Networks T Series Chosen for Belgacom's Peering Infrastructure to Future Proof the Company's Investment and Achieve Zero Downtime
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM--(Marketwired - Apr 10, 2013) - Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that Belgacom, the largest telecommunications provider in Belgium, has deployed Juniper Networks® T Series Core Routers to ready itself for the future of Internet applications and bandwidth growth, demanded by its customers. Juniper Networks T4000 allows Belgacom to embrace the rapid adoption of new 'cloud' applications, the explosion in online video traffic, the introduction of IPv6 and the widespread use of smart-phones and tablets and prepare the core of its network for the next decade.
- The highly resilient network offers fast Internet access to residential subscribers, business customers, mobile, data centers and content platforms and will address the anticipated exponentially growing bandwidth demand for the next few years.
- Juniper provides the unique capability of seamlessly upgrading an existing T640 or T1600 router to a T4000 router and beyond while using the same operating system, Junos®, to accommodate the changing requirements of service providers without compromising OPEX.
- T Series routers enable service providers to deliver to their customers stringent Quality of Service and meet Service Level Agreements for multiservice transit and IP services.
"With the introduction of the Juniper Networks T4000 Series in the Belgacom peering infrastructure, we aim at the realization of a highly available, fully redundant infrastructure. The realized architecture consists of two fully geo-redundant peering infrastructures being able to carry the total traffic generated by Belgacom customers. This infrastructure will allow Belgacom to drastically improve service availability and offer full resiliency to Internet applications, which in the last few years have become very critical for our customers."
- Johan Luystermans, vice president, network engineering and member of management committee, Belgacom
"With the rapid subscription and data growth in cloud-based services, social networks and video, service providers require solutions that can provide superior flexibility and scale with the network intelligence needed to effortlessly adapt to new requirements. Juniper's T Series platform will support Belgacom's advanced networking goals to provide its customers with new high-demand services while increasing Belgacom's average revenue per subscriber and reducing its total cost of ownership."
- Mike Marcellin, senior vice president, strategy and marketing, Platform and Systems Division, Juniper Networks
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.