Advanced user experience for Telenet builds on the launch of Cisco's Videoscape Snowflake for the Liberty Global Horizon platform; will offer breakthrough navigation of content and services on any device
LONDON – Cable Congress, 5-7 March 2013 – Cisco today announced that Telenet, a leading cable TV operator in Belgium, has selected the Cisco Videoscape™ Snowflake user interface to provide advanced navigation of content and services across their platform.
- As part of Telenet’s enhanced Yelo TV service, Cisco Videoscape Snowflake will provide a streamlined user interface across multiple devices, fulfilling the operator’s vision to enable subscribers to watch what they want, when they want and where they want – with an uninterrupted experience between devices.
- Cisco Videoscape Snowflake is a multi-award-winning user experience framework that is based on a simple, image-rich model for content navigation. It will enable Telenet subscribers to intuitively navigate content and services across the platform – with a focus on providing easy access to linear programming. Users will have the ability to navigate into the ‘past’ or ‘future’ with easy navigation of both catch-up and on-demand content, all through a consistent Telenet-branded experience.
- As the portal to the operator’s service, Cisco worked closely with Telenet to help ensure that the user interface will not only perform well, but also bring the operator’s brand to life through a unified look and feel.
Jan Vorstermans, COO, Telenet:
“With more content choice, our aim is to provide a simplified, feature-rich experience to complement our premium content offering. With Videoscape Snowflake and the support of Cisco, we are confident that we will have an experience that supersedes anything else in the market. It was very important for us to bring this experience to our existing customer base by using Videoscape Snowflake on our current platform through our collaboration with our local software partners.”
Yves Padrines, vice president and general manager, EMEAR, Service Provider Video Technology Group, Cisco:
“As the industry and the technology landscape grows, we risk losing subscribers' attention in a complex mix of electronic program guides, apps and widgets. We strongly believe that the user experience must remain intuitive and central to the platform, whatever the device. Telenet is taking important steps to enhance their platform and position the customer at the centre of the service. We are excited to partner with and support them through this transformation.”
- For further information on Cisco Videoscape Snowflake, now part of Videoscape Unity, please visit www.cisco.com/videoscape.
- Cisco Videoscape Unity
- Read: Cisco SP360 Blog
Cisco, Telenet, Cisco Videoscape Snowflake, user experience, multi-screen, Cable Congress, pay-TV
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
Telenet is a leading provider of media and telecommunication services. Its business comprises the provision of cable television, high speed internet and fixed and mobile telephony services, primarily to residential customers in Flanders and Brussels. In addition, Telenet offers services to business customers across Belgium under the brand Telenet for Business. Telenet is listed on the Euronext Brussels Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol TNET and is part of the BEL20 stock market index.
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
- Amy LucasCisco+44 (0)788 firstname.lastname@example.org
Investor Relations Contacts
- Matthew HardwickCisco+44 20 8824 email@example.com
Industry Analyst Relations
- Sharon RobinsonCisco Systems, Inc.+44 20 firstname.lastname@example.org