New Infonetics Research Report Finds Sonus Has Fastest Growing Session Border Controllers Two Years Running
- Sonus is the fastest growing service provider session border controller (SBC) vendor in 2012, with an industry leading 7.3 share point gain, ending the year with 19 percent market share
- Sonus is the fastest growing SBC brand two years running with share point gains nearly five times the next leading vendor
- Sonus SBC revenues from the service provider market segment for 2012 grew 67 percent year-over-year
WESTFORD, Mass. – Sonus Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:SONS, news, filings), a global leader in SIP communications, today announced that the most current Infonetics Research report shows Sonus session border controllers (SBCs) continue to be the fastest growing portfolio on the market. The fourth quarter 2012 report, “Service Provider VoIP and IMS Equipment and Subscribers,” published March 4, 2013, reveals that Sonus SBCs led the industry in market share gains in 2012. Sonus highlights from the report include:
- The largest year-over-year share gains in the SBC market; a 7.3 share point increase to achieve 19 percent market share for 2012
- Industry leading SBC revenue growth, with a 67 percent gain
Sonus SBCs deliver secure access to Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunking, which enable service providers and enterprises to simplify their network design, reduce costs and effectively deploy new applications such as Unified Communications and video. By utilizing SIP trunking, many enterprises may realize a savings of 50 percent or more in areas such as long distance charges and monthly access line fees. Sonus has the broadest portfolio of Microsoft Lync qualified SBCs, providing the industry’s only end-to-end portfolio to deliver SIP-enabled applications from the branch office to the central office.
“Sonus’ service provider SBC business continued to witness strong market share gains throughout 2012,” said Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC and IMS, Infonetics Research. “As market demand for IP trunking services and network-to-network IP interconnection continues to expand, so does the need for SBCs. As such, Sonus remains well positioned to take advantage of continued SBC market growth.”
“Sonus remains focused on helping service providers and enterprises embrace the next generation of SIP-based solutions,” said David Tipping, vice president and general manager, SBC Business, Sonus. “The Infonetics report confirms that more and more customers trust Sonus SBCs to deliver secure SIP trunking, Cloud services and Unified Communications.”
- Sonus ranks in the top three publicly reported enterprise SBC brands in Infonetics Research fourth quarter 2012 report, “Enterprise Session Border Controllers,” published March 8, 2013
- Sonus is positioned in the Leaders quadrant of the “Magic Quadrant for Session Border Controllers,” published October 9, 2012 by Gartner, Inc.
- The Sonus SBC 1000, Sonus SBC 2000, Sonus SBC 5100 and Sonus SBC 5200 Session Border Controllers are all Miercom performance verified as well as qualified in Microsoft’s Unified Communications Open Interoperability Program for Microsoft Lync 2010
- The SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 are Microsoft Lync 2013 qualified for SBC and survivable branch office (SBA) deployments
- Download the complete Webtorials report, “Enterprises Place 2013 Unified Communications Bets: How Many Horses in This Race?”
- Download Sonus’ December 2012 Webtorials report, “Mobile Unified Communications: The Emergence of 4D Convergence”
- Sonus published the third edition of Session Border Controllers for Dummies reference book in partnership with John Wiley & Sons, Inc. Download a free copy here
Sonus, SONS, Infonetics Research, market share, session border controller, SBC, E-SBC, session initiation protocol, SIP, SIP trunking, IPsec, media transcoding, IPv6, IPv4, interworking, Sonus SBC 5100, Sonus SBC 5200, Unified Communications, UC, Cloud communications, VoIP, CaaS, Session Management, Sonus SBC 1000, Sonus SBC 2000, Microsoft Lync, Infonetics
Sonus Networks, Inc. is a leader in IP networking with proven expertise in delivering secure, reliable and scalable next-generation infrastructure and subscriber solutions. With customers in over 50 countries across the globe and over a decade of experience in transforming networks to IP, Sonus has enabled service providers and enterprises to capture and retain users and generate significant ROI. Sonus products include session border controllers, policy/routing servers, subscriber feature servers and media and signaling gateways. Sonus products are supported by a global services team with experience in design, deployment and maintenance of some of the world’s largest and most complex IP networks. For more information, visit www.sonus.net.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release may contain certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Although Sonus believes that its expectations are based on reasonable assumptions, readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this report are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus’ business, please refer to the “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” and “Risk Factors” sections of Sonus’ filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus’ views only as of the date on which such statement is made, and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus’ views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so, except as required by law.