The Internet of Everything (IoE): Technology enthusiasts around the globe are talking about it, but what does it really mean? How will it improve the lives of consumers? How can businesses benefit from the $14.4T market opportunity and which verticals will see dramatic changes? And, just as important, what does it have to do with collaboration? In his keynote address on Tuesday, March 19, “Collaboration and the Internet of Everything” at Enterprise Connect 2013, Rob Lloyd, president, development and sales, Cisco, will give answers to all of these questions, focusing on the importance of collaborative technologies in unlocking the economic value of the Internet of Everything (the confluence of people, process, data and things).
In addition, a variety of Cisco executives will also lead discussions about some of the latest advancements and trends in collaboration during the conference:
- Cullen Jennings, distinguished engineer, will host a tutorial about WebRTC
- Monday, March 18 from 9:00am to 10:30am ET
- Rowan Trollope, senior vice president and general manager, Collaboration Technology Group will host the UC Summit for a discussion titled “Is UC Moving Toward a New Plateau – or Towards a Cliff?”
- Monday, March 18 from 11:00am to noon ET
- Laurent Philonenko, chief technology officer, Collaboration Technology Group will host a discussion about “Leveraging WebRTC for Video Conferencing”
- Monday, March 18 from 2:00pm to 3:00pm ET
Rob Lloyd, president, development and sales, Cisco
Live: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 10:00 – 10:30 a.m. Eastern Time
On-demand replay available on Thursday, March 21, 2013
Click here to watch the keynote streamed live. During the live stream, Cisco experts will be available to respond to your questions immediately through the discussion forum. Learn from questions posted by other attendees, or ask your own. A replay of the live event will be posted on March 21.
In addition, Cisco is hosting an announcement webcast on Tuesday, March 19 from 9-9:30 a.m. PT, to detail its product announcements.
Participating executives include:
- Thomas Wyatt, VP and GM, Collaboration Infrastructure Business Unit
- Raj Gossain, VP, Collaboration Applications Technology Group
- Marcelo Oliveria, senior manager, Collaboration Infrastructure Product Management
- Andrew Reitter, senior manager, Collaboration Infrastructure Product Management
Enterprise Connect attendees can also visit Cisco at Booth #904 to see demonstrations of collaboration solutions from Cisco and Cisco partners. Five stations will showcase how Cisco collaboration solutions address the needs of the variety of workers connecting to today’s network, including executives, information workers, contact center workers as well as deskless and mobile workers. Partner demonstrations representing the latest from solution providers will also be available.
Tags / Keywords: collaboration, presence, video, communication, productivity, Internet of Everything, IM, cloud, unified communications, telepresence, WebRTC, conferencing, voice, network, mobility
About Cisco Collaboration
From award-winning IP communications to mobility, customer care, Web conferencing, messaging, enterprise social software, and interoperable telepresence experiences, Cisco brings together network-based, integrated collaboration solutions based on open standards. These solutions offered across on-premise, cloud-based or virtualized platforms, as well as services from Cisco and our partners, are designed to help promote business growth, innovation and productivity. They are also designed to help accelerate team performance, protect investments, and simplify the process of finding the right people and information.
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
- Doron AronsonCisco Systems, Inc.+1 408 424 email@example.com
Investor Relations Contacts
- Carol VillazonCisco(408) 527 firstname.lastname@example.org
Industry Analyst Relations
- Regina HoshimiCisco Systems, Inc.+1 408 853 email@example.com