ADTRAN and Polycom partnership delivers comprehensive solution for premises and hosted VoIP as enterprises continue to adopt feature-rich voice, video and UC
HUNTSVILLE, Ala.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar. 25, 2013-- ADTRAN®, Inc., (NASDAQ:ADTN, news, filings), a leading provider of cloud connectivity, mobility and enterprise communications solutions, today announced the addition of four new IP phones to its industry-leading VoIP portfolio. ADTRAN’s expanded VoIP portfolio, including the VVX® 300, VVX® 310, VVX® 400, and the VVX® 410 - featuring Polycom Powered™ technology - can be deployed on both hosted- or premises-based communications networks. This enables service providers and resellers the flexibility to deliver an advanced end-to-end communications solution for enterprise customers looking to adopt next-generation voice, video and unified communications (UC) solutions.
As businesses work to operate more efficiently, many are looking for more powerful communication tools to enable them to streamline their processes. To address this growing need, ADTRAN is delivering a complete IP voice and video endpoint portfolio. Because the new phones combine the flexibility of ADTRAN’s NetVanta® UC call control, enterprises can upgrade to the latest and most advanced VoIP technologies while maintaining the way they communicate within their business. This gives enterprise customers a broader set of endpoints to meet their business needs while keeping the same ease of installation and single vendor support they have come to expect.
The new endpoints offer the total solution that service providers seek when selling hosted services today. The VVX 300/310 and the VVX 400/410 deliver intuitive user interfaces and have the ability to interact with third party web applications. Their uses range from the entry-level business media phone for today’s knowledge worker to mid-range phone with advanced call-handling ideal for the busy call center agent.
“ADTRAN’s unique market position in both UC call control for the premises and IP business gateways for hosted voice services gives us unique insight into our customer’s communications needs,” said Bob Locklear, director of product management for ADTRAN’s Enterprise Networks division. “Combined with flexible deployment options, these new endpoints can reach more customers and add to a complete IP phone portfolio that meets the needs of today’s unified communications applications.”
Key features of the new phones include:
- Elegant, modern design features such as large screens with an intuitive user interface and programmable line keys that make it easy to manage calls, contacts and calendar appointments.
- The new VVX 300 is an entry-level IP phone with 6 programmable line keys for employees that handle a low-to-moderate volume of calls.
- The VVX 400 is a mid-range business phone with 12 programmable line keys and a larger color screen for ease of use and enhanced call-handling for larger volumes of calls coming into an organization.
- Reduced total cost of ownership with the ability to deploy phones on existing networks with open SIP-based call control platforms.
- Zero-touch provisioning and a web-based configuration tool to easily administer, upgrade and maintain.
- Integration with third-party applications so users can easily receive information such as weather, sports and stocks and integrate with other business and UC&C applications.
- Plug-in expansion modules with more programmable line keys for power users that need to manage higher volumes of contacts and calls. These modules include:
- The Polycom VVX Color Expansion Module is available in high-resolution LCD with 28 illuminated bi-color programmable line keys.
- The Polycom VVX Expansion Module features 40 programmable line keys.
- Each VVX phone, including the VVX 300, VVX 400, VVX 500 and VVX 600 business phones, can support up to three expansion modules.
- Available with a gigabit Ethernet interface in the VVX 310 and VVX 410.
ADTRAN, Inc. is a leading global provider of networking and communications equipment. ADTRAN’s products enable voice, data, video and Internet communications across a variety of network infrastructures. ADTRAN solutions are currently in use by service providers, private enterprises, government organizations, and millions of individual users worldwide. For more information, please visit www.adtran.com.
ADTRAN® and NetVanta® are registered trademarks of ADTRAN, Inc. Polycom® and VVX® are Polycom registered trademarks and Polycom Powered™ is a trademark of Polycom, Inc.
Source: ADTRAN, Inc.
Connect2 Communications for ADTRAN, Inc.
Ashley Baster, 919-435-9112