TelecityGroup delivers strong earnings growth and confirms a positive outlook
Telecity Group plc (‘TelecityGroup’, ‘the Group’ or ‘the Company’), Europe’s industry-leading provider of premium carrier-neutral data centres, today announces its results for the year ended 31 December 2012.
- Revenue up 18.0% to £283.0m (2011: £239.8m)
- Adjusted(1) EBITDA(2) up 22.0% to £129.5m (2011: £106.2m)
- Adjusted EBITDA margin up 150bps to 45.8% (2011: 44.3%)
- Adjusted EBITA(2) up 24.4% to £91.0m (2011: £73.2m)
- Adjusted(1) diluted earnings per share up 28.6% to 31.0p (2011: 24.1p)
- Final dividend of 5.0p per share proposed, taking the total 2012 dividend payment to 7.5p
- Available customer power(2) up 26.5% to 86MW (2011: 68MW)
- Announced customer power(2) up 8.9% to 135MW (2011: 124MW)
- Market leading position established in Helsinki through the acquisitions of Academica and Tenue (note 9)
The above highlights are based on the Group’s adjusted results. A full reconciliation between the adjusted and statutory results is contained in note 2. Where different, the statutory equivalents of the above results are as follows:
- Operating profit £84.2m (2011: £65.4m)
- Diluted earnings per share of 28.5p (2011: 21.1p)
Michael Tobin, TelecityGroup CEO, said:
"I am delighted with TelecityGroup’s performance during 2012. The Group performed extremely well, delivering 29% growth in earnings per share and commenced its progressive dividend policy. Furthermore, we increased our available customer power by 27%, with new site openings and major capacity expansion projects across Europe. We have entered 2013 with a strong recurring revenue base and available capacity in all of our key locations. I look forward to another strong operating and financial performance in 2013."
(1) Adjusted to exclude intangible assets amortisation, other financing items and exceptional items (note 2).
(2) A glossary of terms is included in note 16.
For further information please contact:
Investors: Matthew Springett +44 (0)20 7005 6337
Media: James Tyler +44 (0)20 7001 0076
Brunswick: Sarah West/James Olley +44 (0)20 7404 5959
Notes to Editors
Telecity Group plc
TelecityGroup is the leading provider of carrier-neutral data centres in Europe, operating highly connected facilities in key cities.
These data centres are the places in which the separate networks that make up the internet meet and where bandwidth-intensive applications, content and information are hosted. As such, they are the key network hubs, or enabling environments, of the European digital economy. TelecityGroup’s customers take advantage of the highly-connected facilities to operate, store, share, distribute and access digital media, IT applications and information effectively and efficiently.
Telecity Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: TCY).
The content of the Telecity Group plc web site should not be considered to form a part of or be incorporated into this announcement.
Cautionary note regarding forward-looking statements
This announcement includes statements that are forward-looking in nature. All statements other than statements of historical facts could be deemed to be forward-looking statements. By their nature, these forward-looking statements involve numerous assumptions, uncertainties and opportunities, both general and specific. Accordingly, the actual results, performance or achievements of the Company may be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements, due to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors. Except as required by the Listing Rules and applicable law, Telecity Group plc undertakes no obligation to update or change any forward-looking statements to reflect events occurring after the date such statements are published.
This announcement is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation of an offer to buy any securities in the United States, or any other jurisdiction. The Company's shares have not been registered in any U.S. jurisdiction, and, in particular, will not be registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended or any applicable state securities laws.