Columbus, Ohio, February 14, 2013 — DataCenter.BZ, Ohio’s leading carrier-neutral data center and the only high-density provider in the state, announced today plans to develop a second data center complex (COL-02) in Central Ohio. Like its current site operating from Columbus (COL-01), COL-02 will be wholly-owned and purpose-built to deliver innovative and highly certified colocation and virtual infrastructure solutions to enterprise-level and other demanding customers.
With COL-01’s 34,000-square foot expansion completed in late 2011 nearing 70% occupancy, DataCenter.BZ expects to need additional capacity by early 2014 to meet continued local/regional demand for its premium solutions and as Central Ohio continues to emerge as an attractive middle-of-the-country destination for colocation and virtual data centers. Accordingly, DataCenter.BZ has commenced preparations for COL-02 in Central Ohio, regarding which its owner-managers are pleased to disclose the following initial details (that largely follow the same design, construction and operation of COL-01):
- Deliver additional capacity for highly robust and extensively certified colocation, cloud computing and infrastructure-as-a-service solutions
- Accommodate smaller customers (single/multiple racks, smaller private cages), medium-sized customers (up to 400 KW deployments typically in larger private cages) and wholesale arrangements (400 KW to 2+ MW requirements, including options for dedicated halls, PODs and self-contained data center trailers)
- Provide highly customizable solutions—data center design, access and security, power density, substantial growth allowances, connectivity options, virtual infrastructure, managed services—same as with COL-01
- COL-02 will be connected via redundant fiber rings to COL-01 to provide for Active/Active deployments that allow customers to operate redundant data centers that mirror data in real-time, providing instant failover in the unlikely event of an outage at either location
- When linked also with a customer’s corporate site, Active/Active/Active configurations will be offered with even greater flexibility including the ability to refresh or take off-line one site without affecting instant failover capabilities from the two remaining sites
- Same industry-leading power/cooling densities as COL-01, including up to 64 KW per rack standard and 500 watts per square foot overall
- Highly energy efficient with a power utilization effectiveness (PUE) ratio of ~1.25 and LEED Silver certification
- Provides for both raised floor data center space and containerized data centers
- SOC1 (SSAE16) and SOC2 Type 2 audits to be maintained along with HIPAA, PCI-DSS, IRS1075 and Tier IV data center standards compliance
- EF5 tornado rating
- Complimentary workspace, dedicated office space, reservable workforce recovery space
- Wholly owned—land, buildings, infrastructures, operations—to provide unparalleled flexibility, customization and long-term security for customers
- Multiple 10+ gig connections to disaster recovery sites maintained in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Las Vegas and vast connectivity options to many other physical/virtual data center and corporate sites
- 150,000 square feet gross; 50,000 square feet of raised floor; 25,000 square feet for data center containers and flex space
- 15 miles from COL-01 to accommodate vMotioning of latency-sensitive applications between sites
- Purpose-built single-story, hardened facility
- 50 MW utility power with diverse substations; ten 2.5-MW diesel generators; 22.5 MW UPS battery backup
- Quad-redundant power buses (no automatic transfer switches) and overall fully redundant and fault tolerant power/cooling/network infrastructures
- 180 x 50-ton CRAHs; 4,500 tons redundant cooling; ten 500-ton chillers; six chilled water loops
- 24×7 on-site security and customer support
- Overall engineering plans have been completed
- Customer-specific attributes (presently working with initial tenants on customizing dedicated entrances, segregated data halls and other custom features) in process
- Final site selection (among three municipalities in north Central Ohio) in process
- Permitting and ground breaking with facility coming on-line in early 2014
DataCenter.BZ expects to provide additional details regarding COL-02 over the coming months.
Enterprise customers, service providers (e.g., hosting, cloud, other specialized services), etc. interested in reserving and/or customizing sizeable initial deployments at COL-02 are encouraged to contact us immediately.
To find out more about how DataCenter.BZ’s enterprise solutions might benefit your operations, please contact us at 614.515.5880 or email@example.com, or schedule a private tour of COL-01 via firstname.lastname@example.org.
With headquarters in Columbus, Ohio, DataCenter.BZ provides high-density colocation and virtual infrastructure solutions from wholly-owned, carrier-neutral and purpose-built facilities. DataCenter.BZ hosts one of Ohio’s largest collections of carrier, municipal and private fiber networks, serving as a critical point of interconnection among the networks, carriers and last mile providers in the state. Such connectivity, together with state-of-the-art data center facilities and ample power sources—including dual power grid feeds, 30 MW of available utility power, multiple backup diesel generators and 24×7 on-site support—enables DataCenter.BZ to provide premium solutions to a variety of regional, national and international customers, including major telecommunications carriers, government agencies, healthcare and education systems, and Fortune 1000 enterprises. As part of its high-availability offerings, DataCenter.BZ is both SOC1 (SSAE 16) and SOC2 Type 2 audited and compliant with HIPAA, PCI-DSS and Tier IV data center standards. For additional information, please visit www.datacenter.bz.