- Reliable and Secure Low-Cost 4G Wireless Broadband for Primary and Backup Internet Connections
- Range of Features Include Unlimited1 Data, No Overage Fees, Cloud-Based Management, 24/7 Advanced Technical Support and More
BELLEVUE, Wash., Feb. 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Clearwire Corporation (NASDAQ:CLWR, news, filings), a leading provider of 4G wireless broadband services in the U.S., today announced CLEAR Professional, a 4G wireless broadband service for small and midsized businesses, as well as enterprise branch locations.
"We are thrilled to offer CLEAR Professional to meet the demands of small to medium-sized businesses that are utterly dependent on the internet, yet still may suffer from internet connections that are both slow and unreliable," said Dow Draper, senior vice president and general manager of retail at Clearwire. "CLEAR Professional provides options of primary internet service and dependable backup internet service, each designed to help ensure connectivity for mission-critical applications. No longer do companies have to wait weeks or even months for a fast internet connection. And for businesses with adequate internet connections, CLEAR Professional Backup Internet, with unlimited data, supports the goal of these businesses to never miss a beat."
87% of corporate managers in the U.S. say that internet communications technology plays a key role in supporting sales and marketing operations, according to Larstan Business Reports.
"If my internet goes down during the dinner rush, it's chaos. With CLEAR Professional Backup Internet, I don't need to worry about it," said Brad Breakell, owner of Pizzalchik Family Restaurant in Boise, Idaho.
CLEAR Professional runs on Clearwire's 4G network in approximately 80 cities across the U.S. and is available beginning March 18, 2013 with the following master agent dealers: X4 Solutions, Telecom Brokerage, Inc., WTG, and Resource Communications Group. It includes three types of plans designed to meet the unique needs of small and midsized businesses:
- CLEAR Professional — Broadband Internet is for businesses seeking primary internet service. Available with Basic or Premium service options, the cost ranges from $30 to $120 per month2. Both services include unlimited1 data use, no overage fees, and 24x7 year round technical support. Premium service provides additional benefits such as a free setup support call, cloud-based management, next-day device replacement, life-of-customer device warranty3, and more.
- CLEAR Professional — Backup Internet keeps businesses connected automatically if their primary internet service goes down. The cost of service ranges from $24 to $45 per month2, based on the contract term length and the business' number of locations. All Backup Internet service plans include Premium features.
- CLEAR Professional — Broadband + Backup Internet is for those businesses that rely on their primary internet service for voice services or multiple static IP addresses, but need faster internet access. It's also designed for companies that provide dedicated third party internet access to customers or vendors. CLEAR Professional Broadband+Backup Internet service provides a fast, secure secondary connection. Plus, if either provider's service goes down, CLEAR Professional automatically routes all traffic to the remaining connection. The cost of service ranges from $45 to $115 per month2 and includes Premium features.
"We use CLEAR Professional at four field locations," said Pete Vallianatos of the Walsh Group, the 15th largest construction company in the U.S. located in Chicago. "I was amazed at how fast it was installed, and the internet service is outstanding."
Customers interested in learning more about CLEAR Professional products can visit www.CLEARprofessional.com, or follow @CLEARPros on Twitter for exclusive information, resources and industry news. Company information about Clearwire is also available at www.clearwire.com/newsroom.
Clearwire Corporation (NASDAQ:CLWR), through its operating subsidiaries, is a leading provider of 4G wireless broadband services, offering services in areas of the U.S. where more than 130 million people live. The company holds the deepest portfolio of wireless spectrum available for data services in the U.S. Clearwire serves retail customers through its own CLEAR® brand, as well as through wholesale relationships with some of the leading companies in the retail, technology, and telecommunications industries. The company is constructing a next-generation 4G LTE Advanced-ready network to address the capacity needs of the market, and is also working closely with the Global TDD-LTE Initiative to further the TDD-LTE ecosystem. Clearwire is headquartered in Bellevue, Wash. Additional information is available at http://www.clearwire.com.
The CLEAR Professional logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=17370
1Unlimited plans subject to network management and other provisions of CLEAR's Acceptable Use Policy, posted at www.clear.com/legal/aup.
2Taxes, professional installation, and additional fees may apply.
3Certain restrictions apply; see the following sites for details: www.clearprofessional.com/devices/device-750, www.clearprofessional.com/devices/device-650, www.clearprofessional.com/devices/device-1400.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Clearwire Chris Comes (312) 282-0539 firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @ChrisComes