Market Participants Set to Benefit from Smarter and Faster Trading Solutions
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. and Hong Kong ― January 16, 2013 — Equinix, Inc. (NASDAQ:EQIX, news, filings), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that IPC Systems, Inc., a leading provider of voice and electronic trading communications solutions, will deploy in Equinix’s International Business ExchangeTM (IBX®) data centers in Sydney, Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo to offer innovative trading communication solutions to address the growing demand for smarter and faster trading in key financial centers in Asia-Pacific.
Highlights / Key Facts
- IPC is a leading provider of trading communications solutions to the world’s top financial services firms. By leveraging Platform Equinix™, IPC will be able to offer Equinix customers access to its portfolio of Financial Markets Network services which include Connexus, IPC’s financial extranet, Direct Connect data service and managed VPN services. This combination of services brings together a global community of capital market participants where members can securely and rapidly access trade lifecycle services and market data through a single connection or establish point-to-point ethernet connections that securely link multiple geographically dispersed locations to create a private network.
- Equinix data centers are home to the world’s largest financial services ecosystem. Customers within Equinix have the ability to physically connect and optimize trades, reducing latency and ultimately saving time and money. This interconnection enables trading to happen in a closed environment rather than over the open Internet, adding an extra layer of security.
- IPC and Equinix have worked together in Asia-Pacific since 2007 and have since expanded their relationship in North America and Europe.
- David Dodd, senior vice president, Asia Pacific Region, IPC:
“The APAC region is a key area of growth for the capital markets and IPC is committed to providing industry leading, value-added network solutions for traders in a reliable and secure environment. By deploying our Financial Markets Network service inside Equinix’s data centers we can connect to more than 450 buy-and sell-side and over 75 trading venues in the world’s top 16 financial markets allows us to provide faster, smarter and more secure services for our customers in Sydney, Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo.”
- David Wilkinson, senior director, business development, financial services, Equinix Asia-Pacific:
“Equinix customers in these markets can expect to see improved performance and new market opportunities through direct interconnection between members of Equinix’s established ecosystems as well as a consistent and premium customer experience.”
Equinix, Inc. (NASDAQ: EQIX), connects more than 4,000 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
IPC Systems, Inc. offers high and low touch trading communications solutions to the global financial trading community including the top investment banks, hedge funds and investment managers in established and emerging markets. With 100% focus on this sector and nearly 40 years of expertise and an unrivaled record of innovation, IPC provides customers with unified solutions that support collaborative voice trading and real-time electronic trading and market data connectivity. IPC’s market-leading offerings include the first unified communications/application platform, award-winning hard and soft turrets and electronic connectivity services. IPC’s global reach extends to nearly 60 countries – including a Financial Extranet of 4,500 on-net locations in over 700 cities and more than 115,000 turrets deployed worldwide. Headquartered in Jersey City, New Jersey, IPC has approximately 1,000 employees located throughout the Americas and the EMEA and Asia-Pacific regions. For more information, visit www.ipc.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix’s recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc. International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.