Huawei Device creates extraordinary experiences with new smartphones, connected home solutions and mobile internet products
[Las Vegas, U.S.A., January 8, 2013]: Huawei, a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, demonstrated the power of technology to create extraordinary experiences at CES 2013, as it strives to become a global leader in the consumer electronics industry. At CES, Huawei launched a series of flagship products, including smartphones HUAWEI Ascend Mate, HUAWEI Ascend D2, and HUAWEI Ascend W1, home device solution MediaQ, and a full range of LTE Cat4 devices. Together with Huawei’s proprietary technology including smart battery efficiency management and fast sharing technology, Huawei is delivering on its commitment to put great technology into the hands of consumers around the world.
Huawei’s product announcements at CES 2013 included the launch of the smartphone with the largest screen, the HUAWEI Ascend Mate. Featuring a 6.1-inch HD IPS+ LCD screen with a resolution of 1280 x 720 and a screen-to-body ratio of 73%, the HUAWEI Ascend Mate is perfect for both business and entertainment purposes. Huawei also unveiled the HUAWEI Ascend D2 which boasts a 5-inch IPS Super Retina LCD screen with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 443 PPI and a 3000 mAh (typical value) battery capacity. The HUAWEI Ascend D2 features a 13MP BSI auto-focus rear-facing camera with detail capturing technology and an ISO sensitivity level higher than other smartphones in this category.
At Huawei’s CES booth is its first Windows Phone 8 smartphone, the HUAWEI Ascend W1 which offers a smarter alternative with its dual-core 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon CPU and Adreno 305 GPU, 4-inch IPS LCD screen and 1950 mAh battery with the longest standby time in its class. As part of its connected home solutions, Huawei showcased the HUAWEI MediaQ, a media cube that connects and shares content from multiple screens including smartphones and tablets. With its voice search function and HD video calls, the HUAWEI MediaQ is ideal for modern families to stay connected.
Also on display is Huawei’s complete series of LTE Cat4 products including the LTE Cat4 dongle, Wi-Fi dongle, Mobile hotspot, CPE, and other desktop internet and mobile internet products including E5151 mobile hotspot with 3G and Ethernet dual uplink features, the world’s smallest data card UltraStick E3331, the world’s first 3G module with M.2 form factor adapting Intel Ultrabook MU736 and the world’s thinnest B2B (TFF) form factor 3G modem MU733. Huawei is also displaying its M2M solutions including wireless communication modules with B2B, LGA and LCC form factor, its Telematics solutions including the automotive grade 3G module MU609T, the automotive grade 3G Wi-Fi box DA680, and the professional 3G OBD box DA3100 for car insurance purposes.
At CES 2013, Huawei also unveiled a selection of proprietary innovations which address many technology-related challenges faced by people worldwide.
- To ensure longer smartphone battery life, Huawei developed its Quick Power Control (QPC) and Automated Discontinuous Reception (ADRX) power-saving technology which lowers battery consumption during standby mode by over 20% by assessing the need for data transmission and adjusting accordingly based on the network status.
- To reduce charging time, Huawei’s fast battery charging technology enables Huawei products to be charged up to 30% faster than other smartphones.
- Huawei’s ‘swift sharing’ functionality enables pictures, videos and other files to be uploaded two- to three-times faster than other smartphones in a Wi-Fi environment.
- To optimize screen visibility in all lighting conditions, Huawei’s smart brightness technology calculates the next light transition point in a bright lighting environment and maintains a gradient brightness variation control.
- To increase audio capabilities, the Huawei super hands-free allows users to be heard within a radius of 1.5 meters, transforming smartphones into conversation sharing portals.
- To enhance audio recording, Huawei’s stereo recording provides high-fidelity sound recording so you never again have fuzzy, unclear audio in your videos.
These industry-leading innovations are available in the HUAWEI Ascend D2 which will be on sale in China in January 2013.