AT&T Digital Life℠ Offers Consumers Wireless Centric Platform to Monitor, Protect and Manage Homes Using Cisco Powered Controller
LAS VEGAS, Nevada, CES 2013, January 7, 2013 – Cisco today announced the launch of a UL-certified, all-digital, wireless-based home security and automation service with AT&T Digital Life. Cisco will provide the Digital Life control panel and back-office provisioning and applications life-cycle management system, which allows customers to monitor, protect and manage their homes using a smartphone, tablet or PC. AT&T plans to launch the Digital Life service in eight U.S. markets in March, with up to 50 additional market rollouts planned in 2013. While broadband provider agnostic, the service uses AT&T’s nationwide wireless network.
With AT&T Digital Life, consumers will be able to augment security and manage their home from virtually anywhere with options to: view live video from inside and outside the home; arm and disarm the security system, control and manage appliances, lighting and HVAC for energy efficiency; lock or unlock doors for guests or repairmen; and even detect water leaks before damage occurs. It is intuitive and easy to set up, customize and navigate, making it effortless to wirelessly control multiple devices in the home.
Digital Life Controller:
- The Digital Life controller, built by Cisco, comprises the following key hardware and software components:
- Five radios (one-way and two-way communications radios, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi and 3G) to support a variety of sensors, keypads and cameras.
- OSGi software framework to streamline new services such as energy management
- Advanced power management to support up to a 24-hour back-up
- Advanced diagnostics to help ensure device and service are running reliably
- Home Plug AV to communicate with devices over the in-home power grid
- The Digital Life controller wirelessly manages an array of connected devices throughout the home by integrating AT&T software with Cisco Z-Wave communications radios. Connected devices include:
- Windows/door sensors
- Smoke, carbon monoxide, motion and glass break sensors
- Door locks
- Moisture detection and water shut-off
- Appliance and lighting controls
- With a network-based approach, it is easy to customize and scale to meet specific customer needs such as remote video monitoring, alarm management and home automation.
- Joe Chow, vice president and general manager, Connected Home Devices, Cisco
“As more and more data and devices become connected, the Internet of Everything makes it possible for consumers to check in on loved ones, pets and energy consumption on the go. We’re excited to team with AT&T again to deliver another industry first, this time letting people proactively monitor their home from any device. This truly is an application platform that opens up new opportunities for service providers – beyond monitoring, security and control to drive additional revenue, and provide higher satisfaction by offering additional networked services to consumers inside and outside their market.”
- Kevin Petersen, senior vice president, AT&T Digital Life
“Cisco helped us deliver on our vision to create an innovative Internet-powered service, that allows people to secure and manage their home from virtually anywhere, using any Web-connected device, regardless of their wireless or broadband provider. We value their CPE expertise, as the network-based Digital Life controller breaks new ground with UL-certification and a wide variety of customization features.”
- Learn more about AT&T Digital Life
- Other Cisco news at CES: Tune in to watch Cisco’s CES press conference streamed live online, announcing additional news from its Service Provider Video Technology Group on January 7 at 2 p.m. PT (replay available at 3 p.m. PT).
- Follow Cisco service provider video news and activities at CES on Twitter, the Cisco SP360 blog and Facebook: #CiscoSPVideo
Cisco, AT&T, home, Digital Life, security, home monitoring, Internet of Everything, CES, Joe Chow, Kevin Petersen
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
Availability Disclaimer: Many of the products and features described herein remain in varying stages of development and will be offered on a when-and-if-available basis. This products and features are subject to change at the sole discretion of Cisco, and Cisco will have no liability for delay in the delivery or failure to deliver any of the products or features set forth in this document
- Sara CiceroCisco Service Provider Video Technology Group+1 770 236 email@example.com
Investor Relations Contacts
- Carol VillazonCisco(408) 527 firstname.lastname@example.org
Industry Analyst Relations
- Vince VittoreCisco847 email@example.com