BEDFORD, MA, December 6, 2012 – Acme Packet® (NASDAQ: APKT), the leader in session delivery networks, today announced that BICS, a global provider of international carrier services, has deployed Acme Packet Diameter signaling controller solutions to support its global, next-generation Long Term Evolution (LTE) data and voice roaming exchange services. Building on previous deployments at BICS, Acme Packet delivers a comprehensive LTE roaming solution to BICS, addressing all security and control functions for SIP and Diameter.
- BICS deployed the Acme Packet Net-Net® Diameter Director to scale its global LTE roaming service, providing a single connection to mobile service providers for global connectivity. The Net-Net Diameter Director fulfills the GSMA Diameter Edge Agent function.
- Acme Packet’s Diameter signaling controller solution provides comprehensive Diameter mediation and interworking functions that allow BICS to accelerate service deployment. The solution also offers extensive security and traffic management capabilities that protect against network overloads and attacks.
- The implementation builds upon an existing Acme Packet Net-Net Session Director installation for managing SIP interconnects in BICS’s IP eXchange (IPX) service. The Net-Net Diameter Director and Net-Net Session Director allow BICS to offer flexible IP-based voice, video, and data exchange services without compromising service quality or service availability.
- Programmable interworking that accelerates time-to-market and customer connections
- Secure borders for LTE data, voice over LTE, and LTE video services
- Flexible routing engine that scales roaming services and enforces policy and business logic
- Comprehensive performance management simplifies network planning and service level agreement monitoring
“We’ve successfully used Acme Packet solutions to manage SIP Interconnects in our IPX network since 2007,” said Pierre-André Rulmont, chief technology officer, BICS. “By applying Acme Packet’s IP signaling expertise and field-proven technology to Diameter, the Net-Net Diameter Director helped us introduce new LTE roaming services quickly and confidently.”
“BICS is taking a leading role in helping service providers make a smooth transition to LTE,” said Mario Oliveira, vice president of Europe, Middle East, and Africa, and Caribbean and Latin America sales, for Acme Packet. “The Net-Net Diameter Director helps BICS maintain its competitive advantage with cutting-edge LTE roaming services.”
More about BICS and Acme Packet:
More about Acme Packet:
Acme Packet, APKT, BICS, VoIP, voice over IP, Long Term Evolution, LTE, LTE Roaming, Session Initiation Protocol, SIP, Diameter, Voice over LTE, VoLTE
BICS delivers best-in-class international wholesale solutions to any communication service provider worldwide. Through its Mosaic portfolio, a comprehensive, flexible and innovative suite of solutions designed to be used individually, or collectively, BICS meets the existing and future requirements of the global telecoms industry. Our passionate and creative teams located in Brussels, Bern, Dubai, Singapore and New York, continuously strive to provide our customers with the highest levels of quality, reliability and interoperability enabling them to maximize their end-user value. With our successful consolidation strategy, and a continuing focus on technological advancement and innovation, we have achieved a world-leading position in the international Voice and Mobile Data markets. For more information, please visit: www.bics.com.
About Acme Packet
Acme Packet (NASDAQ: APKT), the leader in session delivery network solutions, enables the trusted, first-class delivery of next-generation voice, video, data and unified communications services and applications across IP networks. Our Net-Net product family fulfills demanding security, service assurance and regulatory requirements in service provider, enterprise and contact center networks. Based in Bedford, Massachusetts, Acme Packet designs and manufactures its products in the USA, selling them through over 309 reseller partners worldwide. More than 1,850 customers in 109 countries have deployed over 20,000 Acme Packet systems, including 89 of the top 100 service providers and 48 of the Fortune 100. For more information visit www.acmepacket.com.
Acme Packet, Inc. Safe Harbor Statement
Statements contained herein that are not historical fact may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Such forward-looking statements may relate to, the benefits of our products and solutions, including cost savings and flexibility. Such forward-looking statements do not constitute guarantees of future performance and are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated or suggested in any forward-looking statements including but not limited to those that are contained in the Company’s recent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including those factors discussed under the caption “Risk Factors” in such filings.