Russia’s Skolkovo Foundation Selects Cisco WebEx for Across-the-Board Collaboration Across Platforms, Devices and Web
MOSCOW – December 18, 2012 – Cisco today announced that the Skolkovo Foundation is using Cisco WebEx® Web Conferencing services to support business meetings, webinars and distance learning. Each employee of the foundation (which includes more than 500 people) will get enterprise-level access to that solution.
Announced in 2009 by Dmitry Medvedev, then President of the Russian Federation, the Skolkovo Innovation Center, the so-called Russian Silicon Valley, is a planned high technology business area being built at Skolkovo near Moscow. It aims to be an innovation hub tasked with concentrating intellectual capital and encouraging the development of various technologies. Cisco’s participation in the Skolkovo Project became an integral part of the company’s 10-year $1 billion investment in sustainable innovation within the Russian Federation, announced during a meeting in San Jose, Calif., on June 23, 2010, between Dmitry Medvedev and Cisco Chairman and CEO John Chambers.
WebEx® is used for Web conferencing and enables collaboration through the Web and mobile devices anytime, anywhere. It reduces the reliance on expensive business travel saving time and money while boosting productivity. The Cisco WebEx Cloud makes it possible to share documents and data through a highly available and secure service delivery platform. It supports real-time voice and content sharing, as well as HD video-supported Web meetings. Cisco WebEx meeting services include: WebEx Meeting Center, WebEx Training Center, WebEx Event Center, and WebEx Support Center.
Andrei Kouzmitch, director of system engineering, Cisco RCIS:
“Skolkovo Foundation is one of the first organizations in Russia and CIS to use the benefits of enterprise subscription to Cisco WebEx Web conferencing. It is unique in allowing all employees of the foundation without exception to use WebEx in their daily operations. Such an approach will provide Skolkovo with a synergy effect and enable innovative approaches to collaboration.”
Mikhail Berman, CIO, Skolkovo Foundation:
“Enterprise subscription does not limit us in the number of Cisco WebEx Web conferences. As a result, we expect that the solution will proliferate exponentially. Besides, WebEx does not require continuous support from our IT service because the access to WebEx is provided on a SaaS basis.”
Fedor Krasnov, director, Virtual Skolkovo project office:
“In Skolkovo Foundation, we can work anywhere, anytime. It is not just hype. It’s our work style. Participants of the Skolkovo innovations ecosystem work in different countries and cities. Virtual meetings, training sessions and presenting a startup to potential investors are a daily requirement. We hope that Cisco WebEx meetings will help us solve our business tasks with higher efficiency.”
- Presentation of information, sharing of ideas and data, collaboration
- Product demonstrations, commercial presentations, general meetings of workgroups, sales presentations
- Windows, Mac, Linux, Solaris, UNIX, and mobile devices
- Up to 500 members
- Interactive online multimedia training and e-learning tools
- Assessment of expertise and loyalty via embedded surveying and examination
- Cost reduction in the training area, extension of audiences, raising efficiency of training
- Up to 1,000 students
- Real-time technical support to all users
- Quick remote solution to technical problems; elimination of expensive on-site visits
- Acceleration of responses to customer help desk calls; improvement of customer care
- A connection of up to 8 concurrent sessions with five participants to each remote session
- Helps to engage the audience with high-quality video and multimedia content
- Supports public and private presentations for large audiences
- Ensures convenient management of all processes before and after events
- Provides live coverage of events on the Internet for up to 1,000 simultaneous users; additional capacity available
Tags, Keywords: Russia, Cisco, WebEx, Cisco WebEx, Skolkovo Foundation, Cisco WebEx Meeting Center, Cisco WebEx Training Center, Cisco WebEx Event Center, Cisco WebEx Support Center, WebEx meetings
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
- Skolkovo Foundation
- Cisco WebEx
- Cisco Commits to Sustainable Development of Russian Technology Innovation Agenda Through $1B Multi-Year Investment
- Cisco Reinforces Commitment to Russian Sustainable Development and Innovation
About Skolkovo Foundation
Foundation for development of the New Technologies Development and Commercialization Centre is involved in creating Skolkovo center, a unique one in Russia. The project aims to provide favorable conditions for the innovative process. Scientists, designers, engineers and businessmen will work together with participants of education projects, on the implementation of new technologies in the Russian economy and the generation of world-class competitive developments. www.sk.ru
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com. Cisco equipment in Russia is supplied through its authorized channel partners by Cisco Systems International BV, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems, Inc.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. A listing of Cisco’s trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.