Europe's Fastest Growing Online Retail Payment Company Builds Its QFabric-Based Data Center to Support Rapid Growth in Online Payment Data
STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN--(Marketwire - Dec 10, 2012) - Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that Klarna, a Swedish e-commerce company that provides payment services for online storefronts, has built its new data center based on the Juniper Networks® QFabric™ architecture. Klarna has deployed a QFX3000-M QFabric System, a high scale network fabric, to ensure the company can manage increased demand for capacity, scalability and flexibility as the volume of online payment data grows by significant amounts each month.
Klarna creates secure and simple ways to shop online, allowing sellers and buyers around the world to transact with each other smoothly and seamlessly. The company has an established presence in six European countries, and with ambitions to expand both within and outside Europe in the future.
- Klarna selected the Juniper Networks QFabric System, the industry's only one-tier flat network fabric, over competing solutions due to its energy efficiency, scalability and operational simplicity. By reducing the number of managed switches to just one, the QFabric deployment has dramatically simplified the management and cost-effectiveness of Klarna's data center.
- The QFX3000-M delivers extremely fast server-to-server speed for Klarna, with 63 percent smaller footprint, 74 percent fewer cables and 57 percent less power consumption than competitive solutions.
- The QFX3000-M is composed of QFX3500 and QFX3600 QFabric Nodes, which provide entry into the fabric; QFX3600-I QFabric Interconnects, which connect the Node devices in a flat, any-to-any architecture; and QFX3100 QFabric Directors, which provide management and control services, enabling the entire system to operate as a single switch.
- The QFX3000-M is designed for mid-sized data centers, satellite data centers and space-constrained environments supporting from 48 to 768 10GbE ports, delivering improvements in scale, simplicity and performance.
- Klarna's QFabric-based data center was designed, installed and supported by Juniper Networks' Stockholm-based partner, IPnett, a supplier of communication and security solutions and systems integrator in all the Nordic countries.
"Juniper Networks' QFabric technology is an ideal solution for Klarna as it enables us to future-proof our infrastructure and support explosive data growth driven by a rapidly-expanding user base. Fundamentally we needed a solution that could provide high performance, greater scalability and network efficiency. QFabric uniquely delivers all this and more for our data center."
- David Craelius, chief technical officer, Klarna AB
"It is extremely important for payment solution companies to deliver fast and secure services to their customers. Klarna's deployment of advanced QFabric data center architecture will support the company's vision to provide a secure frictionless buying experience to buyers and sellers around the world."
- Mike Marcellin, senior vice president, strategy and marketing, Platform and Systems Division, Juniper Networks
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found atJuniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos and QFabric are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.