Awards recognize organizations that use PINNACLE software to achieve the most marked improvements to IT service support and delivery
Rochester, N.Y. - At its annual User's Conference in Nashville, PINNACLE, a Windstream company, announced the winners of its PINNACLE Business Service Management (BSM) Innovator Awards.
The honor, which recognizes the most impactful improvements derived from using PINNACLE to manage the lifecycle of IT service support and service delivery operations, was given to five organizations across five categories. This year’s winners are: the University of California, Riverside; the University of California, Santa Barbara; the University of British Columbia; 4TelecomHelp; and the University of Colorado Denver.
“The organizations recognized by these awards have taken the demands of their respective business environments and creatively utilized the PINNACLE solution in innovative ways to address their challenges and come away with a stronger sustainable return on their investment,” said Larry Foster, PINNACLE’s president and general manager. “PINNACLE solutions are designed to help IT and telecom departments gain control of mobile, voice and data lifecycles with the goal of driving awareness, controlling costs, and providing insight into better decision making to improve business operations. By pursuing outcomes that are efficient, effective and that reduce errors, this year’s group has again proven that organizations can excel with PINNACLE.”
Each of the winners was recognized in one of the five categories: Self Service and Automation; Compliance Management; Resource Management; Green IT Management; and Business Intelligence. This year's winners are:
- University of California, Riverside – Self Service and Automation: UC Riverside leverages PINNACLE to enable self-service submission and tracking of service request, trouble tickets, assets and finances by integrating PINNACLE directly into its standard university web interface.
- University of California, Santa Barbara – Compliance Management: UC Santa Barbara uses PINNACLE to adhere to “fair share compliance” requirements (OMB Circular A-21) as it accommodates new business paradigms facing higher education by dynamically and automatically allocating costs for IT and Telecommunication services.
- University of British Columbia – Resource Management: The University of British Columbia integrates PINNACLE with its PBX switch to automate provisioning and enable real-time insight into port availability.
- 4TelecomHelp – Green IT Management: 4TelecomHelp has eliminated time-intensive paper invoicing and gained critical insight into its customers’ services and inventory histories, ultimately reducing processing time by 63% and saving an estimated 54 hours and $10,000 per month by employing PINNACLE.
- University of Colorado Denver – Business Intelligence: UC Denver is leveraging the real-time business intelligence reporting capabilities within PINNACLE to track changes, while enforcing and enabling 24 x 7 x 365 interaction with users to track charges related to vendors as well as internal services. Access for customers to their own data provides visibility and accountability that yields better decision making for the organization’s benefit.
The BSM Innovator Awards were presented at the 18th annual PINNACLE Conference, which features best practices, how-to instructional sessions, PINNACLE updates and customer-driven insights into innovations realized through PINNACLE.
About Windstream Windstream Corp. (NYSE:WIN, news, filings) is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas. Windstream has more than $6 billion in annual revenues and is listed on the S&P 500 index. For more information, visit www.windstream.com. Windstream Contact: Alice Hartnett 704-887-0327 email@example.com