Demand for Sonus SBC Solutions Grows Five Times Faster Than the Market Average over the Past Year
- Sonus is the fastest growing Session Border Controller (SBC) portfolio with an industry leading 8.1 share point gain from 3Q'11 to 3Q'12
- Sonus SBC revenues from the service provider market segment for 3Q'12 grew 80% year-over-year - exceeding the industry growth rate of 13.5% by five times
Sonus Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:SONS, news, filings), a global leader in SIP communications, today announced that the most current Infonetics Research report shows Sonus Session Border Controllers (SBCs) continue to be the fastest-growing portfolio on the market. The 3Q12 "Service Provider VoIP and IMS Equipment and Subscribers" report issued November 15, 2012, reveals that Sonus SBCs have consistently led the industry in growth since 1Q'11. Key report highlights for Sonus include:
- The largest year-over-year share gains in the SBC market, an 8.1 share point increase to achieve a 22% market share for 3Q'12 over 3Q'11
- The highest year-over-year SBC revenue growth; an 80% gain compared to a market average growth of 13.5% for 3Q'12 over 3Q'11
- The largest SBC share gain for the first nine months of 2012; a 9.5 share point gain from a year ago -- over five times the next closest competitor
- The highest year-to-date SBC revenue growth versus prior year results; 130% for first nine months of 2012 compared to a market average growth of 9.3%
SBCs provide secure access to SIP trunking, which enable service providers and enterprises to simplify their network design, reduce costs and effectively deploy new applications such as Unified Communications and video. Sonus has the broadest portfolio of Microsoft Lync qualified SBCs, providing the industry's only end-to-end portfolio to deliver SIP-enabled applications from the branch office to the central office.
"Our latest research confirms that Sonus' service provider SBC business continues to outpace overall market growth," said Diane Myers, Principal Analyst for VoIP, UC and IMS at Infonetics Research. "The company's focus on delivering SIP-based solutions is paying dividends in the form of strong market momentum and increasing market share."
"The most recent Infonetics report affirms that more and more customers are turning to Sonus as they seek to enhance their network capabilities while reducing costs," said Todd A. Abbott, Sonus executive vice president, Strategy and Go-To-Market. "By delivering the industry's only end-to-end SBC portfolio Sonus helps service providers and enterprises realize the true benefits of SIP and SIP-based applications."
- Sonus is one of just two companies positioned in the Leaders quadrant of the "Magic Quadrant for Session Border Controllers," published October 9, 2012 by Gartner, Inc.
- The Sonus SBC 5200 is specifically designed for high-capacity environments demanded by FORTUNE 500 enterprise environments and large service providers. The SBC 5200 supports 64,000 sessions on a single server
- The Sonus SBC 5100 delivers 250 to 10,000 sessions and is purpose-built for tier two/three service providers and large enterprises
- The Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 are designed for small office and branch office applications
- The SBC 1000, SBC 2000, SBC 5100 and SBC 5200 are all Miercom Performance Verified and qualified in Microsoft's Unified Communications Open Interoperability Program for Microsoft Lync Server 2010
- Sonus recently announced the first-editions of "SIP Trunking for Dummies," "Session Management for Dummies" and "Session Border Controllers for Dummies" in partnership with John Wiley & Sons, Inc. To download the ebooks, click here
- Sonus Session Border Controllers are recipients of TMC's "2010 Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award" and INTERNET TELEPHONY and Next Gen Mobility's "2012 NGN Leadership Award"
Sonus, SONS, session border controller, SBC, E-SBC, session initiation protocol, SIP, SIP trunking, IPsec, media transcoding, IPv6, IPv4, interworking, Sonus SBC 5100, Sonus SBC 5200, Unified Communications, UC, Cloud communications, VoIP, CaaS, Session Management, Sonus SBC 1000, Sonus SBC 2000, Microsoft Lync, Infonetics
Sonus Networks, Inc. is a leader in IP networking with proven expertise in delivering secure, reliable and scalable next-generation infrastructure and subscriber solutions. With customers in over 50 countries across the globe and over a decade of experience in transforming networks to IP, Sonus has enabled service providers and enterprises to capture and retain users and generate significant ROI. Sonus products include session border controllers, policy/routing servers, subscriber feature servers and media and signaling gateways. Sonus products are supported by a global services team with experience in design, deployment and maintenance of some of the world's largest and most complex IP networks. For more information, visit www.sonus.net.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release may contain certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Although Sonus believes that its expectations are based on reasonable assumptions, readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this report are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus' business, please refer to the "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations" and "Risk Factors" sections of Sonus' filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made, and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so, except as required by law.
For Sonus Networks: Wendy Tullo, +1 972-301-4978 email@example.com or Lois Paul & Partners Anastasia Efstratios, +1 617-986-5873 firstname.lastname@example.org