BEDFORD, MA, November 26, 2012 – Acme Packet® (NASDAQ: APKT), the leader in session delivery network solutions, today announced that Digitcom, a leading business phone systems and data networks reseller, has deployed Acme Packet’s Net-Net® Session Director to enable SureConnect by HostedPBX.ca, its new SIP trunking and hosted PBX service offerings.
- The Acme Packet Net-Net Session Director session border controller provides extensive protocol interoperability and interworking functions that allowed Digitcom to accelerate time-to-market for SureConnect by HostedPBX.ca by efficiently mediating between its Class 5 softswitch and its customer premise-based IP telephony offerings. The solution enables Digitcom to offer distinctive features such as direct dialing between hosted and premise-based extensions.
- The Net-Net Session Director ensures high service availability and VoIP quality by enforcing quality of service policies, re-routing sessions around network or equipment failures, and protecting against denial-of-service attacks and other service-impacting events.
- Acme Packet’s extensible, standards-based solution enables multiple services – including hosted PBX and SIP trunking services – in a single platform, with common administration.
- Digitcom has been certified as an authorized reseller in the Acme Packet Pinnacle Partner Program and will offer Acme Packet’s Net-Net Enterprise Session Director Server Edition (SE) and Virtual Machine Edition (VME) enterprise session border controllers for SIP trunk termination and unified communications integration functions. These cost-effective solutions are ideal for Digitcom’s small and midsize enterprise customer base, enabling support for a wide range of customer premise-based unified communications solutions, IP-PBXs, and endpoints.
- Rapid time-to-market for secure and reliable hosted PBX and SIP trunking services
- Unified SBC product family supports service provider and enterprise deployments
- Session Director enables multiple services with low capital equipment and operational expenditures
- Enterprise Session Director provides support for diverse end-customer environments
"We selected the Acme Packet Net-Net Session Director for our SureConnect by HostedPBX.ca after an extensive evaluation process," said Jeff Wiener, President, Digitcom. "Acme Packet’s market leadership position, superior technology, and vast experience with complex multi-vendor networks were critical decision factors."
"In today’s challenging economic climate, many small and midsize businesses are looking to hosted services to reduce telecommunications cost and complexity," said Tim Ziemer, vice president of North America and Asia Pacific Japan sales, Acme Packet. "Acme Packet helped Digitcom enter the rapidly growing hosted VoIP services market – quickly and cost-effectively – by providing a unified, highly scalable SBC product family that satisfies both service provider and enterprise requirements."
More about Digitcom and Acme Packet:
More about Acme Packet:
Acme Packet, APKT, Digitcom, VoIP, Hosted VoIP, Hosted PBX, Session Initiation Protocol, SIP, Session Border Controller, SBC, Avaya, Avaya IP Office
Digitcom is a business phone systems and data networks distributor. The company provides sales and support for telecommunications systems to small and midsize enterprise markets principally in the Greater Toronto, Montreal and Southern Ontario areas.
Digitcom recently won Avaya's SME Canadian Business Partner of the Year award and is one of a few Avaya "SME Expert" dealers in North America.
For more information on Digitcom’s new hosted services visit www.HostedPBX.ca.
About Acme Packet
Acme Packet (NASDAQ: APKT), the leader in session delivery network solutions, enables the trusted, first-class delivery of next-generation voice, video, data and unified communications services and applications across IP networks. Our Net-Net product family fulfills demanding security, service assurance and regulatory requirements in service provider, enterprise and contact center networks. Based in Bedford, Massachusetts, Acme Packet designs and manufactures its products in the USA, selling them through over 309 reseller partners worldwide. More than 1,850 customers in 109 countries have deployed over 20,000 Acme Packet systems, including 89 of the top 100 service providers and 48 of the Fortune 100. For more information visit www.acmepacket.com.
Acme Packet, Inc. Safe Harbor Statement
Statements contained herein that are not historical fact may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Such forward-looking statements may relate to, the benefits of our products and solutions, including cost savings and flexibility. Such forward-looking statements do not constitute guarantees of future performance and are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated or suggested in any forward-looking statements are contained in the Company’s recent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including those factors discussed under the caption "Risk Factors" in such filings.