While continuing its work to de-commission end-of-life products and streamline processes, Verizon Enterprise Solutions expanded and enhanced its capabilities across key industries and technology platforms in the U.S. and abroad in third-quarter 2012. The organization saw new customers leveraging its dynamic cloud, intelligent networks, mobility and machine to machine (M2M) platforms, while the organization made significant announcements and won recognition during the quarter. Highlights from the third-quarter include:
- Palace Sports & Entertainment in Michigan, needed ways to create value and provide unique entertainment opportunities for fans attending games, concerts, and family shows. Verizon developed a plan to substantially build out The Palace technology infrastructure, which included providing corporate smart phones and Push-to-Talk (PTT), Private Internet Protocol (PIP), Managed Network Services (MNS), Internet and Cloud Computing.
Verizon’s solutions give fans at The Palace a high-tech surround experience incorporating digital signage, digital menu boards, social media and fan-friendly Wi-Fi, which also gives The Palace access to their fan base via a Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) solution.
- Based on Verizon’s proven ability to deliver secure hybrid cloud solutions, Stefanini, a global IT services provider based in Brazil, selected Verizon Terremark to help drive efficiency and innovation in 32 critical markets around the world. The Verizon Terremark Enterprise Cloud’s combination of security, flexibility and reliability matched Stefanini’s requirements for agile computing resources to support the growth of its operations, allowing Stefanini to manage business-critical applications and development platforms used by geographically dispersed teams that provide value-added services, smart solutions and business consulting.
The seamless integration of these cloud-based computing resources with Stefanini’s physical infrastructure inside Verizon Terremark’s state-of-the art Network Access Point (NAP) in Sao Paulo, Brazil, provides the ideal hybrid infrastructure environment Stefanini required.
- Adventist Health, a non-profit health care services organization based in Roseville, Calif., selected Verizon Enterprise Solutions to provide a reliable solution that would allow its health care staff to securely access patient health records and other essential applications. The Adventist Health solution also required mobile tablets and high-speed broadband connectivity to ensure secure, real-time access to patient records while away from the hospital.
This solution combines the strength of Verizon’s 4G LTE network with mobile tablets to enable real-time information access.
- Verizon closed its acquisition of Hughes Telematics, Inc. (HTI) in a merger designed to increase growth momentum through the delivery of advanced automotive and fleet telematics and machine-to-machine (M2M) services.
Bringing together HTI’s service delivery platform with Verizon’s leading technology platforms and industry-specific solutions will accelerate Verizon Enterprise Solutions’ capabilities for automotive, transportation, health care, and other industries to uncover and launch new business opportunities, driven by safety improvements, consumer trends and increasingly connected lifestyles.
- Hughes Telematics Inc., a Verizon company, entered a strategic alliance with Towers Watson, a global professional services company, to provide personal line U.S. auto insurers with comprehensive data services for usage-based insurance (UBI) programs.
- Verizon Terremark launched a comprehensive portfolio of managed and professional security servicesthroughout Latin America aimed at helping enterprises and government agencies to better manage and protect their most important asset – data.
The expansion into Latin America through the Network Access Point (NAP) do Brasil enhances the company’s regional portfolio that includes enterprise cloud computing and top-tier colocation services.
- Verizon enhanced Field Force Manager and Fleet Control solutions to help companies achieve greater returns when managing mobile workforces and fleets on the street. The enhancements combine location management, cloud services and tablet-based solutions to meet the unique challenges in operating fleets.
- The Australian federal government awarded Verizon Australia a Gatekeeper accreditation and a Common Criteria product certification. The two awards formally recognize the company’s expertise in delivering specific Identity Access Management solutions that enable the secure delivery of key online government services. Verizon is the first company in Australia to win both of these endorsements.
- Verizon Enterprise Solutions topped the list for technology, value and customer service in delivering advanced multiprotocol label switching (MPLS) and Ethernet networking solutions, according to business customers interviewed and surveyed for the Nemertes 2012 PilotHouse Awards. For the third consecutive year, Verizon earned the highest ranking among Market Leaders for its MPLS services, and this year also received the distinction of Best Overall in this category, achieving the highest overall score and topping all other MPLS providers.