In Partnership with John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Books Explain Associated Benefits of the Move to SIP-based Environments forEnterprise Communications
- World's bestselling reference series explains how SIP-based communications environments can help companies save money and add capabilities.
- SIP Trunking For Dummies overviews how SIP trunking and the move to VoIP can collectively reduce traditional enterprise telecom expense by up to 50%.
- Session Management For Dummies outlines how a SIP based environment can be leveraged to deploy applications like Unified Communications and video across disparate vendor network architectures.
- The new books complement the Session Border Controllers For Dummies book first released inMay 2012.
Sonus® Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: SONS), a global leader in SIP communications, today announced that it has again partnered with John Wiley & Sons, Inc., the publisher of the For Dummies® book series, to produce two new books on how companies can take advantage of the transition to SIP based communications environments. These new books are:
- SIP Trunking For Dummies, Sonus Special Edition (Wiley, 978-1-118-48767-9,September 2012)
- Session Management For Dummies, Sonus Special Edition (Wiley, 978-1-118-47072-5,September 2012)
Both books are available today and complement the Session Border Controllers For Dummies, Sonus Special Edition (Wiley, 978-1-118-37742-0,May 2012) book released earlier this year.
SIP Trunking For Dummies overviews how SIP trunking, and the move to VoIP, can collectively reduce traditional enterprise telecom bills by up to 75%. A July 2012report commissioned by Sonus and conducted by Webtorials, found that one in three enterprises have deployed SIP trunking with an average cost savings of approximately 33%.
Session Management For Dummies outlines how a SIP based environment can be leveraged to deploy applications like Unified Communications and video across disparate network environments. Recent Webtorials reports for Sonus found:
- SIP-based Unified Communications infrastructure could reclaim 23% of the productivity lost on inefficient communications in large Enterprises.
- VoIP (89%), Unified Communications (69%) and video conferencing (65%) are the most important types of media to be controlled via SIP.
Overcoming varied network topologies is a common challenge in many businesses and Session Management For Dummies offers the insight needed to start deploying communications applications in a manageable way across locations and devices.
To download electronic copies of SIP Trunking For Dummies, Session Management For Dummies and Session Border Controllers For Dummies, go to www.sonus.net/dummies.
"For Dummies allows us to take an easy-to-understand approach to technical matters our customers face each day," saidWes Durow, Vice President of Global Marketing at Sonus. "These books serve as a pathway as to how businesses and service providers can take advantage of SIP-based communications environments to reduce costs and add capabilities like video and Unified Communications."
- Sonus' portfolio of enterprise session border controllers (SBC) features four Microsoft Lync qualified products, more than all other vendors combined.
- Sonus is the fastest-growing SBC vendor (Infonetics Research, "Service Provider VoIP Equipment and Subscribers," 4Q11 report); growing almost 4x faster than the market average.
- Sonus SBC 5200 supports 64,000 sessions on a single server, more than twice the capacity of the leading SBC competitor.
- Sonus counts several Fortune 500 enterprises among its SBC customers, including the world's largest banks, airlines, retailers and healthcare providers.
- Nearly one in three enterprises have deployed SIP trunking with an average cost savings of approximately 33% as revealed in the ‘2012 SIP Trunking Report' produced by Webtorials for Sonus.
- A SIP-based Unified Communications infrastructure could reclaim 23% of the productivity lost on inefficient communications in large enterprises as noted in the '2012 Economic Impact of SIP in theEnterprise' Stateof the Market report by Webtorials on behalf of Sonus.
‘2012 SIP Trunking Report' - Webtorials 'State of the Market' report, sponsored by Sonus '2012 Economic Impact of SIP in the Enterprise' - Webtorials 'State of the Market' report and savings calculator, sponsored by Sonus www.sonus.net/dummies www.dummies.com
Sonus Networks, SONS, For Dummies, SBC, Webtorials, IT priorities, IT cost savings, session border controller, SIP, SIP trunking services, ipsec, media transcoding, ipv6 interworking, Unified Communications, Session Management,Cloud VoIPcommunications, Session Management, employee productivity, enterprise communications.
Sonus helps the world's leading communications service providers and enterprises embrace the next generation of SIP-based solutions including VoIP, video and Unified Communications through secure, reliable and scalable IP networks. With customers around the globe and 15 years of experience transforming networks to IP, Sonus has enabled service providers and enterprises to capture and retain users and generate significant ROI. Sonus products include session border controllers, policy/routing servers, subscriber feature servers and media and signaling gateways. Sonus products are supported by a global services team with experience in design, deployment and maintenance of some of the world's largest and most complex IP networks. For more information, visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS.
About For Dummies®
After 20 years, more than 250 million copies printed, and millions of e-books downloaded, For Dummies is the world's bestselling reference series, well known for enriching people's lives by making knowledge accessible in a fun and easy way. Loyal customers around the globe agree that For Dummies is "more than a publishing phenomenon … [it is] a sign of the times," [The New York Times]. With more than 1,800 active topics covering everything from health to history, music to math, sports to self-help, technology to travel, For Dummies is dedicated to Making Everything Easier. The For Dummies brand presence continues to expand wherever there is a need to know, including e-books, mobile apps, e-learning courses, a corporate custom publishing program, a robust consumer website and a licensed product line that includes consumer electronics, culinary, crafts, video, software, musical instrument packs, home improvement, automotive, game and more. For more information, visit Dummies.com. For Dummies is a branded imprint of Wiley.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release may contain certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Although Sonus believes that its expectations are based on reasonable assumptions, readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this report are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus' business, please refer to the "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations" and "Risk Factors" sections of Sonus' filings with theSecurities and Exchange Commission. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made, and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so, except as required by law.
Source:Sonus Networks, Inc.